Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Scores & Personal Records?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I bowled 172 friday in Waterford. I dont bowl often, maybe 2-3 times a year but always hammer my friends. Is this a good score then considering this??
    Am i a future world champ ;).....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

172 is very respectable for someone who doesn't normally bowl! A little training and you'd be a dangereous foe I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

my highest is 156 at the mo! i average well over 100. Ive been trying to 'spin' the ball to improve that and thats meant ive been up and down lately! anybody got any suggestions on how to turn the ball effectively and turn those 9s into strikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What type of ball are you using?

ive been using a size 15 house ball and have been happy with my progress. I completely changed the way i bowl, the lads had serious craic looking at me tryin to change but after a couple of sessions im that far away from them i end up just concentrating on my own score. I rarely dont break 100, im at around a 115 average. i bowl once a fortnight for an hour. The cash holds me back to be honest... Im mad to find a club id bowl every day if it were cheap!
    Every single time i play i learn something and i break it down in my head without even noticing... if someone better than me was bowling beside me id learn from them but good bowlers r hard to find in these parts!!

• Advertisement

im now at 159 highest score :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Nice shooting.. Ring around a few bowling alleys to see if they have any leagues to suit a beginner like yourselve. Alsaa would be ideal place to start if your nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

anyone know where you could get lessons on how to bowl like a professional? im sick of just launching the bawl as fast as i possibly can down the middle and hoping for the best.

im not bad, and i usually get over 160ish. but i love playing and i would love to be good enough to enter a league sometime.

anyone know where you could get lessons on how to bowl like a professional?

Have a look at the ITBA website.
    The following have been appointed to the Coaches Committe

Chairman : - Peter Kelly - pjkellyirl@yahoo.co.uk

Treasurer : - Noel Kellegher - noel.kellegher@eircom.net

Secretary : - Tim Dawson - timpd@iol.ie

These guys may know of someone in your area :)

Got a 194 yesterday :cool:

Man was i happy!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

First post here but a respectable 182 scratch is mine.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Got a 194 yesterday :cool:

Man was i happy!!!! :D
    Good stuff man! :)
    Sputnicks wrote: »
    First post here but a respectable 182 scratch is mine.
    Where do you bowl at the moment Sputnicks? I take it you bowl in a scratch league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

Was in a business house league out in Plex Coolock. Was well above my average - finished on 229 handicap included if memory is right. 4 Brookies in a row was actually emabarassed ended up with top scratch and handicap score for hte league on last night of it.

Sputnicks wrote: »
    Was in a business house league out in Plex Coolock. Was well above my average - finished on 229 handicap included if memory is right. 4 Brookies in a row was actually emabarassed ended up with top scratch and handicap score for hte league on last night of it.

Well I used to be a bit annoyed anytime I made a Brooklyn strike but at the end of the day, it's a strike so I learned to get over it so long as it didn't become to regular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Back in the days when I bowled 3 times a week, I got a 247. Always annoyed I didn't get past the 250 mark.

Bowled for the first time in about 3 years the other day and my highest game was 186. :(

195 new pb, plus 189 and 187 this week, keep buckling at the thoughts of a 200+ game and leave an open frame in the 9th or 10th, tres annoying!!!!!!!!!

mdwexford wrote: »
    195 new pb, plus 189 and 187 this week, keep buckling at the thoughts of a 200+ game and leave an open frame in the 9th or 10th, tres annoying!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the 200 barrier. If you regularly hit high 180 games, you'll get a 200+ in no time. I only recently got back into bowling after about 3 years away and as I said above, couldn't beat 186. Then the other night I sandwiched a 237 between two 160 games. :D

What centre are you bowling in?

javaboy wrote: »
    Don't worry about the 200 barrier. If you regularly hit high 180 games, you'll get a 200+ in no time. I only recently got back into bowling after about 3 years away and as I said above, couldn't beat 186. Then the other night I sandwiched a 237 between two 160 games. :D

What centre are you bowling in?

Hopefully you're right.
    Wow 237 is tasty, wp sir.

Bowling in a new place in Wexford called Leisuremax

Thanks. I was raging tbh. I had spare,strike,spare,strike... up until the 6th frame when I hit five in a row. I messed up the 11th ball and left a 5 pin :mad: Made the spare but if I had got the strike I would almost certainly have beaten my 247 high game.

Still happy with anything over 180 the way I'm playing at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Went bowling for the first time last night, in Swansea with my girlfriend. We played 8 games. She got a score of 112, next game i got 3 balls in the gutter but still managed to get a score of 113. The second last game i needed to get 9 pins down to beat the 113. To my dismay i made a 2 way split of 4 pins so i equalled the 113. Last game i needed to get a strike or a spare to beat the 113. I got the strike so i got a score of 122. Great fun, and i can't wait to play again to beat my score. Great game n loadsa fun.

• Advertisement

113 and 122 are great scores for your first time bowling!! Nice job!

/Are you and the gf living in the UK? If so get registered on boards.org.uk and hang out with us there :)

Thanx bud, but i made loads of stupit mistakes. Defo looking forward to next game. I'm not from UK, but my girlfriend is Welsh.

Went back to Swansea for a few games beat my top score in the first game got 133 and managed to loose concentration when i had the score beaten n my last 2 throws went in the gutter lol. Really enjoyable though even if i am better on the Wii :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

New pb this evenin of 192....well chuffed as I've only really started playin in the last couple of months and previous pb was 169. 5 strikes in total and one turkey. Now to aim for 200!

Excellent work Fizman, sounds like you've got the knack for the game alright!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

my highest is 244

still 2 achievements I'm working on that I'd love, back-to-back 200 games, and a 600 series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

231 was my high game and it was on the same day as my high series of 620.

It was a three day tournament and I felt pretty marvelous about it because it qualified me for a round robin final in which I choked more than Lord Chokington giving a choking demonstration on St Chokings Day.

Lost every game and think I posted a high game of 140. It was not my finest hour, although actually based on the merit of reaching that final I guess it kinda was!!!

Dear oh dear!!!

my highest is 244

still 2 achievements I'm working on that I'd love, back-to-back 200 games, and a 600 series

achieved both of these on Wednesday night :D

Hoo ya! Nothing like completing two goals in one night :) Nice one! So what's the next target?

• Advertisement

not sure
    possibly to get my league average above 170, never had it above 169

Advertisement