Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Med101007 wrote: »
    How are the ticket sales going for this? I was at Guns N Roses in Slane two years ago and I would love to see the kings of metal in the iconic venue.
    Will a big name support act be announced or do we have the full lineup now?

from reports here Tickets sales are lowish but then again its an internet fourm and may be a little bit of BS too the claim

They siad 2 more bands will be added to the lineup one being Irish. Theres a lot of festivals around Europe that weekend and some big name bands may be tied up elsewhere. Just have too wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I would love to see the kings of metal in the iconic venue

Manowar aren’t playing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Manowar aren’t playing unfortunately.

fcuk it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    from reports here Tickets sales are lowish but then again its an internet fourm and may be a little bit of BS too the claim

They siad 2 more bands will be added to the lineup one being Irish. Theres a lot of festivals around Europe that weekend and some big name bands may be tied up elsewhere. Just have too wait and see

G.C is sold out
    as is the small standing at the back..

if even 50% of the middle sells that'dd be 45-50 k
    mcd will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bennyl10 wrote: »
    G.C is sold out

mcd will be happy

The punters will have a better experience too if its under 60k.

Except for the guys standing at the back... They'll look like they can't get in :)

• Advertisement

How are the ticket sales going for this? I was at Guns N Roses in Slane two years ago and I would love to see the kings of metal in the iconic venue.
    Will a big name support act be announced or do we have the full lineup now?

They'll add more Support, but Ghost will be main support for the gig. up and coming with a huge fan base!
    regardless of who's added, you'd imagine its in Ghost's contract that they're final before metallica..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wild guess here, but Therapy and Clutch to be added. Unsure if they'd be big enough now, but it'd be cool

G.C is sold out

mcd will be happy

are they really? ive been able to buy 'sold out' tickets from ticketmaster in the past

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    are they really? ive been able to buy 'sold out' tickets from ticketmaster in the past

well as it stands they are.
    and i doubt they'll release more
    espeically when they'll want to sell the main centre

well as it stands they are.
    and i doubt they'll release more
    espeically when they'll want to sell the main centre

how do you actually know this for sure, is it the fact these tickets cannot be purchased from ticketmaster at the moment, if so, its not a guarantee that they are in fact sold out, ive been able to purchase sold out tickets via ticketmaster in the past, after more tickets eventually become available, this occurs sometimes unannounced. ive been told by some ticketmaster agents that this has been occurring for years, long before the world of the internets.

• Advertisement

i wonder how many of the VIP seated tickets are sold ???

€280 a piece **** that

the enhanced packages are pretty expensive too
    https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/metallica-european-tour/?utm_source=partner_referral&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=metallica_2019

Dream No More Package (Meet and Greet with Band included)- €2199
    All Nightmare Long Package (Non meet and Greet but almsot everything else)-€349
    Shortest Straw Package (Early Entry)- €199

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i wonder how many of the VIP seated tickets are sold ???

€280 a piece **** that

the enhanced packages are pretty expensive too
    https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/metallica-european-tour/?utm_source=partner_referral&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=metallica_2019

Dream No More Package (Meet and Greet with Band included)- €2199
    All Nightmare Long Package (Non meet and Greet but almsot everything else)-€349
    Shortest Straw Package (Early Entry)- €199

2 grand, fcuk that. did you get the shortest straw package, whats in that?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    2 grand, fcuk that. did you get the shortest straw package, whats in that?

nah just got normal golden circle.

Its Early entry with a load of ****e thrown in

One (1) general admission Golden Circle field ticket
    . Early access to the GA field
    . Dedicated venue entrance
    . One (1) show specific poster
    . One (1) limited-edition merchandise gift

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mushy wrote: »
    Wild guess here, but Therapy and Clutch to be added. Unsure if they'd be big enough now, but it'd be cool

I'd be happy with that! Going to see Therapy? in Derry in March :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'd be happy with that! Going to see Therapy? in Derry in March :)

Yeah in Cork for myself. MCD may also go for a younger Irish band though, hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

kg703 wrote: »
    Don’t feed the trolls.

Without anymore pointless posts like the one above I have been to Slane, camping this time. Yes queues aren’t great for anything and getting home will take a long time. Just prepare for that.

But the craic will be mighty!

"but the craic will be mighty!". You have just proved my point. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah no ones allowed have any fun at Slane. We’re all there for the music only and proving how we are real Metallica fans and didn’t just jump on the Black Album bandwagon. Carrying ticket stubs from the Top Hat and SFX is preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Anyone hearing any murmurings of possible other support acts been kinda humming and hawing about going and need something to tip me over the edge to just buy a ticket, was at guns and roses in 2017 and thought it was a bit sh1t tbh

Anyone hearing any murmurings of possible other support acts been kinda humming and hawing about going and need something to tip me over the edge to just buy a ticket, was at guns and roses in 2016 and thought it was a bit sh1t tbh

There's probably no rush regarding ticket availability, maybe sit on it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Yeah no ones allowed have any fun at Slane. We’re all there for the music only and proving how we are real Metallica fans and didn’t just jump on the Black Album bandwagon. Carrying ticket stubs from the Top Hat and SFX is preferable.

Yawn. Of course people can have fun at Slane, and of course people can just go to have a good day out regardless of who is playing. But a gig at Slane is unlike any other music event in this country due the high amount of eejits that are drawn to it. It's like the musical version of the ploughing for a lot of people.

• Advertisement

Plenty of advertising starting for this now
    FB/instagram/twitter pushing it
    expect back on the radio very soon too

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Yawn. Of course people can have fun at Slane, and of course people can just go to have a good day out regardless of who is playing. But a gig at Slane is unlike any other music event in this country due the high amount of eejits that are drawn to it. It's like the musical version of the ploughing for a lot of people.

what! theres gonna be ploughs there, fcuk, it ll just be like home. cant wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any chance at all of bringing drink in, do you get patted down or what?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Think there were several check points prior to entry, from what I can remember from GNR anyway. One about a KM from the entrance then another couple at the entrance.

I usually drink prior to the first gate. Craic is always good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cournioni wrote: »
    Think there were several check points prior to entry, from what I can remember from GNR anyway. One about a KM from the entrance then another couple at the entrance.

I usually drink prior to the first gate. Craic is always good there.

Easy to smuggle plastic bags with spirits in for gnr. Think they had metal detectors at one spot too

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Lots of searching and the people have different rules at each point which is annoying. At gnr it said you could bring a small bottle of water walked through the first three checkpoints no issue and they had seen it. Got to the fourth one and they said no water despite me showing the email stating I could bring it. At the next one they said my handbag was on the large side and it would be taken off me. This bag was not even that big I just had a rain jacket shoved in so it looked bulky.

It’s a frustrating walk in but they didn’t find my hidden sandwiches mwah ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do they do pat downs, say if I wanted to smuggle in some of those bags you can fill with drink in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

My ticket isn't appearing in my online history on ticketmaster.ie, I bought one of the metclub experiences, would that have been sold through a different site or different ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Do they do pat downs, say if I wanted to smuggle in some of those bags you can fill with drink in

They did at GnR .... slow as fcuk ! going through handbags, pockets etc....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

My ticket isn't appearing in my online history on ticketmaster.ie, I bought one of the metclub experiences, would that have been sold through a different site or different ticketmaster?

Same as, bought 2 x Shortest Straw Packages but I certainly wouldn't start worrying yet at all.

Advertisement