Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about replacing a basic Blu-Ray 3.1 system

• 22-01-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

We've got a Blu-Ray player (Panasonic SC-BT100) that's also our sound system for the sitting room, it has a Sub-Woofer and 3 speakers (central, left and right) plugged into it, and then the sound from our Sky HD+ Box, the Blu-Ray player and an old Wii all go through the Speakers. The Blu-Ray player also has a Radio Tuner in it too, and a port for an iPod to plug into.

The player is pretty old and is starting to struggle, so I was thinking about replacing it. Some quick searches online has introduced me to the concept of Sound Bars, which I'd heard off but never looked into.

So, I'm wondering, as I'm not really looking for a full 'Home Cinema experience' solution, and really just want something that will play out Blu-Rays/DVDs and give decent enough sound, is a Blu-Ray player and a Sound Bar the way to go for me?

How do I get all of our devices to send their sound to the Sound Bar? Does each device plug into the Sound Bar, or does it go through the Blu-Ray player (i.e. Sound Bar plugged into Blu-Ray and all other devices also plugged into the Blu-Ray)? Or do I need a separate Amp for the Sound Bar?

Any recommendations for a decent Blu-Ray player and a decent Sound Bar? It doesn't have to be top of the range at all, just a decent one that will give good sound, especially for voices which always seem to be a little quieter than the music/other noises in our current set up.

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement