Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going To New York For 90 Days

• 14-01-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey all
    i going to New York for 90 days(personal Travel not Business) , and have being looking for accommodation on booking.com & Trivago, however you can only book what it seems is 30 days max on these sites and was wondering if anyone else had any experience booking accommodation for the states for a long stay.

any info much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

User66 wrote: »
    Hey all
    i going to New York for 90 days(personal Travel not Business) , and have being looking for accommodation on booking.com & Trivago, however you can only book what it seems is 30 days max on these sites and was wondering if anyone else had any experience booking accommodation for the states for a long stay.

any info much appreciated

Your looking for a hotel for 90 days? Have you tried Airbnb? Or phone any hotel, they'll give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 User66

i was thinking of cheap accommodation , price range is form 10euro-100 euro per night , i might give some of the hotels a ring actually, thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You might consider taking a couple of trips and breaking up the stay.

You could also book in different parts of the city to enjoy the sights in each area as a local.

Either way enjoy it's a great city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If you are travelling on an ESTA, 90 days is the max stay and it would be wise to plan for a few days (at least 1) below that figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

i was thinking of cheap accommodation , price range is form 10euro-100 euro per night , i might give some of the hotels a ring actually, thanks for the advice

If you find somewhere in New York at the lower end of that price range, that's not a flea-ridden hellhole, please be sure to let me know.... :):):)

• Advertisement

Can you get the dole if you are there for 90 days though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Duffryman wrote: »
    If you find somewhere in New York at the lower end of that price range, that's not a flea-ridden hellhole, please be sure to let me know.... :):):)

At $10 a night even the fleas will have evacuated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

elperello wrote: »
    At $10 a night even the fleas will have evacuated.

I think the OP may not have thought this out, you'll find fleas at $100 per night, $10 won't buy you a breakfast there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 User66

thanks for the replys guys , i am actually talking about hostels in new york and not hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

thanks for the replys guys , i am actually talking about hostels in new york and not hotels

I can recommend The Local NYC in Queens, very close to Manhattan and not the worst value at €40-ish a night all in for a bed in a 4 bed dorm. Clean, modern hostel with some amazing views of Manhattan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement