Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I think the rush to sell Chelsea is overblown.

Luiz and Hazard have a big shot at redemption vs a Bournemouth team that have conceded 17 goals in the past 6 games.

I've got a 0.1 buffer before Hazard costs me value, going to give him that game before shipping or not and bank the free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

SlickRic wrote: »
    you have to look at Liverpool and Manchester City a bit differently. their wingers are essentially their strikers.

Arsenal's focal point is Auba.
    Spurs' is Kane.
    Chelsea's is Hazard, but if Sarri-ball works, it'll be their striker who really profits points-wise (Higuain's 36 in 35 for Napoli is testament to it).
    Utd's is looking like Rashford, and was Lukaku.

Pep's ideal goal is one of his wingers on the corner of the 6 yard box squaring it to the other winger for a tap-in. that's their aim - to pull the opposition from side to side, leaving a spare man out very wide, who can square it for a finish.

Salah is essentially Liverpool's striker, with Mane on occasion drifting in to that position too.

Aguero is not needed right now IMO. you'll captain Salah or Sterling before him too, especially as Jesus has come into form.

Very strange Jesus didnt come on at all yesterday. I would e bulling with Pep not starting with his form at the moment.

Wonder was there a fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Very strange Jesus didnt come on at all yesterday. I would e bulling with Pep not starting with his form at the moment.

Wonder was there a fallout

I'm guessing two cup games coming up that he will play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    I'm guessing two cup games coming up that he will play in.

Agree with this. Aguero will play PL & CL. Jesus will play cup matches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Luiz and Hazard have a big shot at redemption vs a Bournemouth team that have conceded 17 goals in the past 6 games.

I've got a 0.1 buffer before Hazard costs me value, going to give him that game before shipping or not and bank the free transfer.
    If you are going to hold them for Bournemouth away then you also have to hold for an as good as relegated, managerlless, worst team in the league Huddersfield at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The problem is chelsea have now scored 13 goals in their last 12 league games. 11 million is a huge amount of money for an attacker in a team thats struggling to score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm holding Hazard.

I have what would probably be considered the high-performing big midfielders at the moment (Sane, Pogs, Salah), and I don't fancy investing the funds into attack with Kane injured, Aggy questionable and Auba with tough fixtures and not exploding for a while now.

2 nice fixtures coming up, he's always been a bit like this - you need a bit of patience with him.

I could understand considering selling if you didn't have Salah, Pogs or a City mid, but otherwise who are you bringing in?

Eriksen? Spurs still no-go for me right now with Kane and Son out
    Mane? Maybe worth a punt with their fixtures but I've already got 3 Liverpool
    Double-up on City? Not a crazy move but there's the blank in GW27 coming up that you need to consider

It's a hold for me for Haz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

2 FTs but I'm quite happy with my team :

Etheridge (Stekeleberg)
    Robertson | Digne | AWB (Bennett | Holebas)
    Martial | Pogba | Anderson | Sterling | Salah (C)
    Rashford | Auba (Kamara)

With a spare 0.6m.

Would like to get rid of Stekelenberg to Speroni or even a better keeper in anticipation of the eventual BB. Likewise with Kamara.

Martial and Anderson are the only other two dodgy picks. One (or both) will need to make way for Son when he returns.

It's just frustrating looking at Speroni so close to a rise, and Stekelenberg to a drop, but not knowing when (or if) they'll actually change.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well I ain’t losing money on Alli again
    Lost .3 on him last year when I kept him WAY too long
    Might even treat myself to siggy yet
    Need to scratch that itch
    Would be silly to double up when they prob have a blank 27 though ............
    If not I might just downgrade him to puncheon

Hhmmmmm then I could upgrade jiminez to auba

Hhhhmmmmmmm

I could just be all casual and get Jota
    What was his story for the month before . Was he injured or just out of favor ?

An arsenal mid of cousre would be ideal if they were not all so feckin flaky

Ramsey......

It’s annoying Cos Alli was my key differtential so I need to find another and it isn’t easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

At this rate I’ll be leaving Ricky in my team another week.
    One more final chance for him.
    Nota is an option but something seems wrong with have 3 Wolves players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    I could just be all casual and get Jota
    What was his story for the month before . Was he injured or just out of favor ?

Jota got hamstrung in GW17, only back for city game.

At this rate I’ll be leaving Ricky in my team another week.
    One more final chance for him.
    Nota is an option but something seems wrong with have 3 Wolves players.
    If you have held him for this long, would be mad to sell him before playing the worst team in the league imo.

How did Aaron Ramsey play against Chelsea
    I am asking for a friend who has to replace Alli and would like another differential

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I might just stick with Richarlison. Anyone else doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

sheroman01 wrote: »

Yep. Keeping him. Dumped Anderson for Jota with one FT because they'll likely change prices tonight and I like the look of Wolves fixtures. Probably should've gotten Jimmy but that would take both FTs and I'm not prepared to do that till after the cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Looking at

Camarasa to Sterling
    Aguero to Aubameyang

For a -4

Thoughts?

Looking at

Camarasa to Sterling
    Aguero to Aubameyang

For a -4

Thoughts?
    It is prob too early to be asking as injuries etc can still happen but its a NO for me
    All signs point to aguero starting against newcastle now assuming Jesus starts Fa cup
    Then they have Arsenal and Chelsea at home. Aguero starts those

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

sheroman01 wrote: »

Yep he survives one more week for me anyway - not worth a minus 4 I don't think and bigger fires to put out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

With Anderson's impending drop in price I've chucked him out. However, instead of going for the flavour of the month in Jota, I've gone for a slightly left field choice of Milivojevic. Did very well for me last season when I brought him in at roughly the same time.

Hoping to bank my remaining free transfer, eventually using the 1.6m to upgrade Martial to Son when he returns from Asia.

After that, attention turns back to Kamara and Stekelenberg. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Was fairly set on giving Lucas a chance but then I checked him out only 6 goals all season with 3 of them in 2 games? Hmmm not as prolific as I had perceived

• Registered Users Posts: 37,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So how much is Gonzalo going to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

eagle eye wrote: »
    So how much is Gonzalo going to cost?

See here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876772&page=269

From #4027

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hoping to bank my remaining free transfer, eventually using the 1.6m to upgrade Martial to Son when he returns from Asia.
    If SK make the final, Son will miss GWs 24 and 25 and Spurs have a possible blank in 27, he might only play once before the end of February. In GWs 28 and 29, Spurs have big top four games v Chelsea and arsenal in between CL games which could be cagey. It also remains to be seen how Spurs get on without Kane, Alli, Son and Sissoko and will be a bit of an unknown quantity in a months time. Plus Son could come back with nothing like the form he left with.

We will know if SK make the semi finals tomorrow and if Spurs have a BGW in 27, if both are the case, 1.6 is too much to hold in the bank for a player with possibly one PL game in the next month when you could have another upper mid price midfielder for three or four GWs. Basically, use the money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Higuain in the game @ £9.5 million

• Registered Users Posts: 27,785 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Currently have Alli and Lorrente. Thinking of either of the two below

Moura & Zaha/Arnie

Or

Higuian & Neves/Kante

I have Salah, Pogba, Sterling already in midfield.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Currently have Alli and Lorrente. Thinking of either of the two below

Moura & Zaha/Arnie

Or

Higuian & Neves/Kante

I have Salah, Pogba, Sterling already in midfield.

Zaha has cursed my team for far too long palace don't score enough goals

Arnie is a no go until the middle of February for me unlikely that he will leave but he didn't play last week so what's to say he won't refuse again or even be bothered if he does play

Could take a punt on higuain but ward prowse would probably be my pick of the 5m and unders

Arsenal are an awful anomaly guendouzi and zhaka are the only nailed midfielders are sure who wants them? It's a guessing game with ozil iwobi mhki and ramsey all the ones you would be interested in owning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Arsenal are an awful anomaly guendouzi and zhaka are the only nailed midfielders are sure who wants them? It's a guessing game with ozil iwobi mhki and ramsey all the ones you would be interested in owning

Hey! I'll have you know that Guendouzi is this season's TPT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,019 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they are Aubamayang or nothing IMO.

Advertisement