Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

No one has tickets yet. So no one has any to sell. So you're paying for nothing. [We've all paid for them but nothing has been allocated to us yet]

If you plan on going, get your flights and accommodation sorted as these are only gonna get harder to find and more expensive as the days countdown.

Tickets will be pretty easy to come by as we get nearer. Even in our group there seems to be 2 spare QF and a spare Scotland ticket.

So I can't imagine we're the only ones who are in this position.

Relax your cacks and under no circumstances go to a 3rd party site.

Tickets only issued from July afaik. Probably sorting out seating plans once last general sake is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Eod100 wrote: »
    Tickets only issued from July afaik. Probably sorting out seating plans once last general sake is over

Plenty of sake alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Exactly. So anyone using touts or tout sites is an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rayc1981

If you have 2 spare QF tickets I will take them if there no other interested party.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

hi guys,
    i have 2 ireland england tickets available, block 529

willing to swap them with french game or rwc 2019(especially final, opening game, japan ireland,...)
    swap only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

CianDon wrote: »
    This is the ones I am steering towards actually. Think it works out at €660 return for my dates with a 14hr layover in Moscow on the way out. Handy that its during daylight hours, so a handy chance to see a bit of Russia before the sensual overload that I'm expecting Japan to be.

Be aware that you're going to need a transit visa to leave the airport to go into Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

trevezel wrote: »
    hi guys,
    i have 2 ireland england tickets available, block 529

willing to swap them with french game or rwc 2019(especially final, opening game, japan ireland,...)
    swap only

Let me know if you don't manage to swap and are still looking to get rid of them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

CianDon wrote: »
    This is the ones I am steering towards actually. Think it works out at €660 return for my dates with a 14hr layover in Moscow on the way out. Handy that its during daylight hours, so a handy chance to see a bit of Russia before the sensual overload that I'm expecting Japan to be..

+1 Flew Dublin to Beijing via Moscow with Aeroflot this month.
    They're absolutely fine. New B777-300 plane, in-flight service good. Same aircraft type used on Tokyo route.
    Only complaint, no alcohol served, but there are plenty of watering holes in Moscow airport and I'm told the vodka is good.;)
    The Duty Free Transit area is massive.

Skytrax rating for Aeroflot same as Aer Lingus (and Finnair).
    Be aware that you're going to need a transit visa to leave the airport to go into Moscow
    Fares showing around €610 for my QF dates - with Visas, still under €700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

dermiestv wrote: »
    Only complaint, no alcohol served, but there are plenty of watering holes in Moscow airport and I'm told the vodka is good.;)

I understand that's only for certain flights (China / Thailand etc) and doesn't include Tokyo. It better not, because I'm going with Aeroflot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

I'm also flying through Moscow but a much shorter layover. I presume I won't need any VISA if I'll be hanging around the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Whitters22 wrote: »
    I'm also flying through Moscow but a much shorter layover. I presume I won't need any VISA if I'll be hanging around the airport?

That's correct, no Visa needed if you're just international transit.
    Its an impressive airport (Sheremetyevo).

Is anyone staying in Yokohama for weekend of potential Ireland semi-final, 26th and 27th October there? Already staying in Tokyo for qf so was thinking of staying in Yokohama for sfs but accommodation seems very limited and quite expensive. Don't have a huge issue with staying in Tokyo again if it comes to it. Think it's only 1hr 30 mins by train or something anyways..

Like yourself we just booked accom in Tokyo for Yokohama games, there was very little around and according to Google maps door to door from stadium to hostel was 55 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Managed to get a hotel right next to the stadium for the night of our semi final on the way to greatness.

Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Is anyone staying in Yokohama for weekend of potential Ireland semi-final, 26th and 27th October there? Already staying in Tokyo for qf so was thinking of staying in Yokohama for sfs but accommodation seems very limited and quite expensive. Don't have a huge issue with staying in Tokyo again if it comes to it. Think it's only 1hr 30 mins by train or something anyways..

we booked Tokyo for the SF weekend but then I also booked a capsule hotel for the Saturday night in Yokohama in case we ended up at both SFs. it would be better than travelling both days

Stayed in 9 Hours Kyoto capsule hotel previously and it was very cool. And surreal!

Riskymove wrote: »
    we booked Tokyo for the SF weekend but then I also booked a capsule hotel for the Saturday night in Yokohama in case we ended up at both SFs. it would be better than travelling both days

Yeah saw one there on booking.com Business Inn or something like that which seemed fine for the price. There's another one which looks a bit better but close to price of hotels so don't think it's worth it. At the end of the day it's a bed for the night so I'm sure capsule would be grand too if it came to it.

Exactly, its not for the bed you are going there. Cannot wait to get over!

We're looking at doing Disney for a few days between the semi final and final. It's meant to be unreal.

troyzer wrote: »
    We're looking at doing Disney for a few days between the semi final and final. It's meant to be unreal.

Thats a great shout, might do that too. We went to Universal in Osaka around Halloween and it was unreal. Place was rammed I should add, everyone dressed head to toe in fancy dress and this was only October 20th.

• Advertisement

Thats a great shout, might do that too. We went to Universal in Osaka around Halloween and it was unreal. Place was rammed I should add, everyone dressed head to toe in fancy dress and this was only October 20th.

We've both been to Orlando quite a few times and Disney as well but never to Disneyland Tokyo.

We were initially thinking about Universal but it seems to be a copy and paste of the Orlando one whereas apparently the Japanese is privately owned by a Japanese company which licenses the Disney branding.

Apparently it is absolutely mental. A cross between Disney on speed and Takeshi's Castle. Can't wait.

Really looking forward to all the tourist stuff inbetween games, going to be an incredible few weeks.

Really looking forward to all the tourist stuff inbetween games, going to be an incredible few weeks.

Yeah.

So our plan is we're getting there late on the Friday before our semi final. We're going to stay in the airport hotel for the night.

Saturday, all day in Tokyo.

Sunday, most of the day in Tokyo and then head up for the match.

Then we're spending two days in Disney, three days in Kyoto and then back to Tokyo for the final if we can get tickets/Ireland are in it.

Then we're spending a week on the beach in Okinawa.

I. Can't. ****ing. Wait.

troyzer wrote: »

Silly question but where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Silly question but where is that?

It's about 45 mins train outside Tokyo. I was there last year and would recommend it.
    I'd advise buying every express ticket they offer though as lines were crazy.
    I was there on a random November Tuesday and average waiting times for pretty much anything were 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours.
    Also did Universal in Osaka, which i thought was arguably better.

Chris871 wrote: »
    It's about 45 mins train outside Tokyo. I was there last year and would recommend it.
    I'd advise buying every express ticket they offer though as lines were crazy.
    I was there on a random November Tuesday and average waiting times for pretty much anything were 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours.
    Also did Universal in Osaka, which i thought was arguably better.

Mistake we made for Osaka was not buying the express tickets, could not got believe the crowds!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Let me share some info: It may help fans who are organising their own trip to the games

Base Accommodation in Saitama ..... https://goo.gl/obq8UQ

Japan Rail Pass .... https://goo.gl/J36fJe

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really need to unfollow this thread, I’m so unbelievably jealous of you lot.

pc7 wrote: »
    I really need to unfollow this thread, I’m so unbelievably jealous of you lot.

Ha! I am the opposite, I am delighted to see anyone post in here for any reason :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Right finally sorted for Japan although tickets I've got in ballot arent what I'd wanted due to dates I'm there.

Landing 2nd to the 16th possible few day extension but need to extend within 7 days of booking so looking for.

3 X Russia & Samoa with our first knockout.
    Will swap 3x for Scotland and Japan and purchase the knockout.

I can be there for the games I have due to work and didn't wanna refuse them in the ballot.

If anyone can help will be eternally grateful.

Advertisement