Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Lights

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Right it's time for a new game,

Never Have I Ever

So basically someone posts something that they've never done, and if you have done that thing just thank the post. It can be Christmas or non-Christmas themed actions, up to you.

So I'll start, Never have I ever been to lapland.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Never have I ever eaten a mince pie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Never have I ever eaten a mince pie.

I'm liking that one,cause I've never actually eaten a full one as they are terrible tasting to me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm liking that one,cause I've never actually eaten a full one as they are terrible tasting to me! :(

At least i'm not alone on this front. I don't like them at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Never have I ever worn a Christmas jumper

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Never have I ever tasted egg nog

Never have I ever been to a Christmas Market outside of Ireland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm completely confused by this game. :o

You thank the post to disagree with it, or agree?

Posy wrote: »
    I'm completely confused by this game. :o

You thank the post to disagree with it, or agree?

The rule is you thank the post if you have done it.

You post up something you haven’t done but if others have done it they thank it. It works better with alcohol :D

• Advertisement

I see- you confused me after you thanked the mince pie one, then said you'd never actually eaten a whole one. It hurt my tired brain. :pac:

You post up something you haven’t done but if others have done it they thank it. It works better with alcohol :D

I didn’t realise we have to post something we hadn’t done ooops

And there I was; genuinely surprised that you'd never worn a Christmas jumper! :D

I see- you confused me after you thanked the mince pie one, then said you'd never actually eaten a whole one. It hurt my tired brain. :pac:

I’m counting Ive never eaten a mince pie. I’ve never had a full one. It counts. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Never have I ever kissed anyone under real mistletoe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Never have I gone to a Hotel/Restaurant for Christmas Dinner.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ok - I've just gone back on all my 'thanked' posts and reversed them - I couldn't understand why so many people were saying they hadn't worn christmas jumpers......especially in this forum :D

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Ok - I've just gone back on all my 'thanked' posts and reversed them - I couldn't understand why so many people were saying they hadn't worn christmas jumpers......especially in this forum :D

Sorry that's on me I didn't explain it all to well.... the key is don't do what Johnny Does do. :pac:

Also I did come up with the game idea Monday morning... I may not have been firing on all cylinders. :pac:

I’m counting Ive never eaten a mince pie. I’ve never had a full one. It counts. :pac:
    Then you weren't meant to thank it! :pac:

Never have I ever........worn a Santy outfit.

• Advertisement

Then you weren't meant to thank it! :pac:

You are correct :D

I need more hot cocoa on Monday mornings...

Never have I ever spent Christmas abroad.

Never have I ever left cookies out for santa

Never have I ever had a real Christmas tree

Never have I ever gone a-wassailing among the leaves so green

Anything to be said for kick starting a new forum game to help us pass the off season?

Any ideas?

How about a Christmas Carol Scramble guessing game?

Or maybe....we make up our own 12 Days of (whatever) Song?

The person starting the song chooses a theme (valentines day, rudolph day, shopping, animals, decorations, food - anything) for the 12 days song, then the next poster adds one days item to the song (following the theme) by cutting and pasting the previous poster's paragraph and simply adding (just one) next days item. After the 12th day, the next person can change the subject ......did that make any sense?

Like this...
    op wrote:
    On the 1st day after Christmas, my diet said to me... where is that hidden tin of biccies?
    (and the next posters follow along with the same theme of diet/food)
    poster 2 wrote:
    On the 2nd day after Christmas, my diet said to me... let's eat 2 chocolate bars, and find that hidden tin of biccies!
    (or something like that :o) ...and so on, until the 12 days are done and we start a new song with a new theme.

Sound like fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Sounds like a great idea - even though I'm not very poetic or musical:D:D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Or maybe....we make up our own 12 Days of (whatever) Song?

On the 1st day after Christmas, my diet said to me... where is that hidden tin of biccies?

(and the next posters follow along with the same theme of diet/food)
    On the 2nd day after Christmas, my diet said to me... let's eat 2 chocolate bars, and find that hidden tin of biccies!

On the third day of Christmas my cravings want for me:
    Three French breads
    Two chocolate bars
    And demolish that tin of biccies

• Advertisement

On the third day of Christmas my cravings want for me:
    Three French breads
    Two chocolate bars
    And demolish that tin of biccies

On the fourth day if Christmas my craving want for me;

Four Mini-Yule Logs,
    Three French breads,
    Two chocolate bars,
    And crack open that tin of biccies

Advertisement