Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virtual Reality General Discussion / Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

mrcheez wrote: »
    yep. Sale now on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Controllers-Bundle/dp/B073X8N1YW/

Actually the Marvel Edition is about same price too, so go for that one

That’s perfect, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

reading about Steam VR Motion Smoothing :)

reading last sentence :(

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250820/announcements/detail/1705071932992003492

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

This has to be the worst idea ever, how the hell did it get funded?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ns-glasses-first-3d-headset-for-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doge wrote: »
    This has to be the worst idea ever, how the hell did it get funded?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ns-glasses-first-3d-headset-for-nintendo-switch

*neck-brace not included

Another funny video from JoshDub.
    Playing Payday 2 in Stealth Mode in VR looks like great fun!

Warning: Bad Language as always!

• Advertisement

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906120/POLYBIUS/

Polybius is out on Steam. You owe it to yourself to get this (it's Oculus-only for now AFAIK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I just set up the PSVR and played Astrobot for about 20 minutes. I was feeling a bit queasy by the end of it and had to stop. I briefly had a rift last year and didn't experience that.

You may need to rebuild the ol' VR legs. Odd that you got it in Astrobot though as that game doesn't involve too much movement.

Just take it slow and don't try to power through the quesiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I get it after about an hour of playing AstroBot too. I think it comes from all the looking around I am doing trying to find the lost robots :D. It's not severe at all, just a slight "offness", but definitely affects me. This is after I pushed through real sickness with Doom VFR to get some form of VR legs too.

Pushing through the quesiness is a bad idea. If feeling off stop playing and come back later.

Pushing through it will usually make you associate VR with that feeling and it will take a long time to overcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks lads. I don’t have the move controllers at the moment, are there any games that are must plays without move controllers? Is Skyrim better with or without them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thanks lads. I don’t have the move controllers at the moment, are there any games that are must plays without move controllers? Is Skyrim better with or without them?

It's worth setting it up properly, measuring your distances etc. It only takes 10 minutes.

Yeah loads of games don't use the Moves.

Statik is a game I completed today (finally). It's superb.

Wipeout is another must-have and uses DS4.

Pixel Ripped 1989 is another which I completed yesterday! (getting through my backlog big time over the xmas period)

And obviously Resident Evil Biohazard is DS4 and a must-have. Polybius too... hell I could go on and on. Too many games tbh.

Just FYI, the remake of the horror title "PT" will be taken down next week so be sure to download version 1.0.7 this weekend

https://radiusgordello.itch.io/unreal-pt#download

He's apparently fixed all the VR bugs that plagued the first version

That's one happy pup

Soooooo... Alien Isloation VR is rather good now innit?

Just started playing it with Rift and Touch Controllers and it all works nicely... the cinematic score is perfect for heightening the tension.

Haven't yet got to serious scares yet, but I'm only starting. Alien should be on me like a biatch tonight though.

Soooooo... Alien Isloation VR is rather good now innit?

Just started playing it with Rift and Touch Controllers and it all works nicely... the cinematic score is perfect for heightening the tension.

Haven't yet got to serious scares yet, but I'm only starting. Alien should be on me like a biatch tonight though.

Last time I played it you could only use the touch controllers like a game pad and couldn’t aim with them. The only motion controls supported was putting your hand above your head to turn on your flashlight.

Is it still like that?

Doge wrote: »
    Last time I played it you could only use the touch controllers like a game pad and couldn’t aim with them. The only motion controls supported was putting your hand above your head to turn on your flashlight.

Is it still like that?

You can aim the flashlight with your hands now and the flashlight on/off is via the B button on the Touch controller.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to unselect an item after you select it (e.g. a syringe). I'll need to check the controls menu.

• Advertisement

You can aim the flashlight with your hands now and the flashlight on/off is via the B button on the Touch controller.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to unselect an item after you select it (e.g. a syringe). I'll need to check the controls menu.

The game will be amazing if they ever manage full touch control support.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dirt Rally 2 looks like it will be coming to Rift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I'm a huge fan of VR. I think it has great potential for many game types. Today VR is becoming more and more popular in many fields, not only in gaming. I read that Computer vision is also popular field of study which investigates how to make computers understand visual information. Many positive reviews I found about CV Development company that uses modern technologies to produce CV and VR software development. It is the future. Soon, all will accept the reality of a complete nonreality.

Finally got myself the Rift earlier.. Beat Saber has me absolutely wrecked. Great craic and even the gf loves it.

Edit: Dirt Rally actually plays fine on Medium graphics. I'm running an old laptop with a 980m so I'm pretty chuffed. Still gonna build a PC with a 1080 later in the year, but for now, I can get a lend of a wheel my friend upgraded from and have a blast with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Finally got myself the Rift earlier.. Beat Saber has me absolutely wrecked. Great craic and even the gf loves it.

yea, no matter how flashy the games are, Beat Saber's the one I keep coming back to!

Some workout!

Shlippery wrote: »
    yea, no matter how flashy the games are, Beat Saber's the one I keep coming back to!

Some workout!

Seriously.. A few songs in and I need a break.

Up to Hard on a couple of songs already so that's good. I was a whizz at Guiter Hero a decade ago so I guess there's some rhythm memory.

Played the Budget Cuts demo there for a while. A lot of fun, though I don't have my sensors set up perfectly. Girlfriend walked in and I was on the ground on all fours with my head next to the ground looking for a key I dropped. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Think I know where I need to organise the next team day out in work...
    https://m.zerolatencyvr.ie

Looks savage

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Think I know where I need to organise the next team day out in work...
    https://m.zerolatencyvr.ie

Looks savage

Terrible website navigation, but yes that does look kick ass. Great for a work session alright!

How easy would it be to get to that on Luas?

Advertisement