Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trousers with full side zip?

• 16-01-2019 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know any other motorcycle trousers/jeans/pants that have full length side zips, making it easier to take on/off over boots? I know Aerostich do some, but a pain getting them from the US. Any others people know of?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

thos wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know any other motorcycle trousers/jeans/pants that have full length side zips, making it easier to take on/off over boots? I know Aerostich do some, but a pain getting them from the US. Any others people know of?

Thanks,
    Tom

I had a Frank Thomas one for years, around 20 years ago.
    Just checked their site and the only one I could find was the FTW322 eclipse.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Just be mindful that in an off, a zip is not what you want sliding on the ground and heating up, burning or melting into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ArrBee wrote: »
    Just be mindful that in an off, a zip is not what you want sliding on the ground and heating up, burning or melting into you.

I would imagine through R&D this would be one of the main reasons very few manufacturers have these for sale. No use in having a good quality textile that will withstand abrasion up to a point for it to be useless if a zip fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

My zips go to the knee and have no problem over a pair of boots with a large shin guard.

Had a pair of Aldi trousers in the past with full zip but the thermal liner wasn't removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Zips = Rain ingress

no bueno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nor is a helmet made of plastic with a quick release visor..or a body that breaks and bruises easily......FFS is it any wonder theres so few lads getting into bikes..If you go to buy a new bike is crash protection the first thing you ask the salesman about, or is it the heated grips........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Nor is a helmet made of plastic with a quick release visor..or a body that breaks and bruises easily......FFS is it any wonder theres so few lads getting into bikes..If you go to buy a new bike is crash protection the first thing you ask the salesman about, or is it the heated grips........:rolleyes:

yeah, 'cause real riders don't care about safety or comfort!

yeah, 'cause real riders don't care about safety or comfort!

Of course i do.....but i have a mind and dont need to be told what to do and wear....snowflake pet..:P

Of course i do.....but i have a mind and dont need to be told what to do and wear....snowflake pet..:P

Why are you so upset?

I don't think anyone was telling you what to do or wear.

Actually, you're right.
    I've thought about it some more....
    OP, what you need is a pair of leather chaps and a leather cap. cos that's what a real mans man would wear! It will also have the added effect of getting more lads into bikes or riding or something.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Have I just stumbled into biker.ie?

Why are you so upset?

Me ..?..upset....?..how very dare you.....
    veetwin wrote: »

You might think that alright, but I didn't slang off his boyfriend yet.....:D:D

OP.....here ya go
    https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Spidi-Superstorm-Textile-Pant/SubProducts/Spidi-Superstorm-Textile-Pant-0001&Currency=EUR&Locale=en_IE&utm_source=Portalexport&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_IE&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaTixovz3wIVCLDtCh00cAkCEAQYASABEgIolfD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Why are you so upset?

Me ..?..upset....?..how very dare you.....
    veetwin wrote: »

You might think that alright, but I didn't slang off his boyfriend yet.....:D:D

OP.....here ya go
    https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Spidi-Superstorm-Textile-Pant/SubProducts/Spidi-Superstorm-Textile-Pant-0001&Currency=EUR&Locale=en_IE&utm_source=Portalexport&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_IE&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaTixovz3wIVCLDtCh00cAkCEAQYASABEgIolfD_BwE

I got these recently, they are good.

They are over pants rather than pants, I use them for commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

grumpy2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Thanks to those who provided some links and suggestions, I'll look into them!

Otherwise, do we need a separate thread for zipper-gate? Seems like we've uncovered a serious safety flaw. here. Who's got plastic-free zipper-free clothing recommendations?

Thanks to those who provided some links and suggestions, I'll look into them!

Otherwise, do we need a separate thread for zipper-gate? Seems like we've uncovered a serious safety flaw. here. Who's got plastic-free zipper-free clothing recommendations?
    Unless you're going commando under them i dont think you need worry.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Unless you're going commando under them i dont think you need worry.....:p

Not commando, just the thong .... oh wait, thought I was still on biker.ie there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OP, if you're looking for a stripper outfit, this isn't the place

• Advertisement

Not commando, just the thong .... oh wait, thought I was still on biker.ie there ...

Pictures please.......I love a budgie......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

you could consider: REV'IT! Axis Pants or Furygan Lynx.

I have the Furygan, and they are excellent. I use them for a short commute and they hold up well, warm enough and can take light showers without getting pants wet underneath. I wear a suit pants under them and they are great with a double zip for taking off once in the office.

In heavy downpours I normally put a rain pants over them.

Advertisement