Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loosing a pet

• 14-01-2019 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi I found my 8 month old kitten killed on the road today I had such a close bond to him he used to follow me everywhere I'm here absolutely devastated I actually feel pain from my loss I want to ask is it normal to feel this pain so hard and will I ever get over this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

simone79 wrote: »
    Hi I found my 8 month old kitten killed on the road today I had such a close bond to him he used to follow me everywhere I'm here absolutely devastated I actually feel pain from my loss I want to ask is it normal to feel this pain so hard and will I ever get over this
    That's awful. Sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I can relate to this Simone. I had to have my dog put down a few years ago and it broke my heart. When I got home and went to pick up his food and water bowls, I just howled. The house was so empty and lonely without him. I've lost people close to me too and I don't make any distinction between that sort of loss and a human bereavement. Animal and human bereavements are very raw

I've lost a few pets I loved and all were very tough experiences. What I have found though is that getting over the loss of a pet is a faster process than a human bereavement. Perhaps that's why people often turn around and get another pet after a while. So in short, yes what you're feeling is very normal and yes, you'll get over this. Just give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Simone losing a pet is tough.

We lost our 10 year old rescue dog 2 years ago.

I was in bits for days after. Blood pressure went way up, couldn't do anything.

I still miss him but those initial feelings of grief do mellow over time.

Be kind to yourself and don't worry about how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Simone, In the Animal and Pet Issues section of Boards, there is a Departed Pet Thread, where people post about their
    departed pets...and where what your feeling is regularly expressed. All the best to you....

Advertisement