Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A ghost called mary

Options
  • 03-01-2019 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I have shared this elsewhere before,but hey its a long story so enjoy the read

Around 5 years ago i moved to my new house,the house is around 10 years old and only a single man lived here before.i moved in with my partner,3 children ages 19,10 and 5..anyhow small things started happening around the house,i would see clothes shaking on the drying horse on the landing,i would hear foot steps upstairs while i was down stairs,and just general little things that were out of place,but i would have an excuse for them all,then on the night of mcgregors 1st big fight im sure i sat up in bed at around 5am to check if he won,while sitting in bed on the laptop i heard what i was sure a kid playing on the landing,its was like the sound of a kid playing hide and seek if that makes sense,it was nearly like i could feel there excitment..then i heard foot steps to the bedroom door,i got up,walked to door and nothing there.i said nothing to anyone apart from my partner and the small things around the house went on,One of the weirdest things happened with my dog,my dog would never go upstairs,even in our old house,nothing strange she just feared the stairs,one evening i was on the phone to my sister and i was telling her about the ghost,when my dog went crazy,she was halfway up the stairs barking like crazy..other things my oldest daughter would notice would be doors shut over when they had been open and the likes,also my youngest daughter would play with figures at the end of her bed,one night my oldest daughter woke up and was lying there,she could hear what she thought was her younger sister playing with her toys at the end of the bed,but when she sat up and looked nothing there,and also it was 5 in the morning..i was also sitting in the kitchen one night when in the corner off my eye i seen some standing to the left off me,seemed like they wear wearing black and white striped trousers.anyhow for some reason we all guessed it was the ghost of a young girl,and we called her mary...everything stopped and nothing happened for a long time,maybe over a year.but for some reason the last month or so i can sense something around again..??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lolokeogh wrote: »
    I have shared this elsewhere before,but hey its a long story so enjoy the read

Around 5 years ago i moved to my new house,the house is around 10 years old and only a single man lived here before.i moved in with my partner,3 children ages 19,10 and 5..anyhow small things started happening around the house,i would see clothes shaking on the drying horse on the landing,i would hear foot steps upstairs while i was down stairs,and just general little things that were out of place,but i would have an excuse for them all,then on the night of mcgregors 1st big fight im sure i sat up in bed at around 5am to check if he won,while sitting in bed on the laptop i heard what i was sure a kid playing on the landing,its was like the sound of a kid playing hide and seek if that makes sense,it was nearly like i could feel there excitment..then i heard foot steps to the bedroom door,i got up,walked to door and nothing there.i said nothing to anyone apart from my partner and the small things around the house went on,One of the weirdest things happened with my dog,my dog would never go upstairs,even in our old house,nothing strange she just feared the stairs,one evening i was on the phone to my sister and i was telling her about the ghost,when my dog went crazy,she was halfway up the stairs barking like crazy..other things my oldest daughter would notice would be doors shut over when they had been open and the likes,also my youngest daughter would play with figures at the end of her bed,one night my oldest daughter woke up and was lying there,she could hear what she thought was her younger sister playing with her toys at the end of the bed,but when she sat up and looked nothing there,and also it was 5 in the morning..i was also sitting in the kitchen one night when in the corner off my eye i seen some standing to the left off me,seemed like they wear wearing black and white striped trousers.anyhow for some reason we all guessed it was the ghost of a young girl,and we called her mary...everything stopped and nothing happened for a long time,maybe over a year.but for some reason the last month or so i can sense something around again..??

Thanks for sharing, Keep us updated, do you know any of the history of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Thanks for sharing, Keep us updated, do you know any of the history of the house?

there is loads more little things that happened that pop in to my mind,one odd thing that i can not connect to "mary" is the odd time i would get the smell off a sweet type of tobbaco upstairs..the house itself would have no history,i think it was around 5 years old or so when i moved in so around 10 years old give or take a year or so now,the people that lived here before me had no kids as it was a doctor and his wife,but the grounds on which the estate is builth on was an old english army barracks if thats the right term for it and of course that would have been many many years ago.also the night i caught soneone standing in the corner of the kitchen they were wearing black and white stripped trousers,and for some weird reason i can not date them,as in come up with an era when they were wore?anyhow i defo will keep you posted,for some reason having mary around was no major issue,and also did not have my own kids afraid at all.

Advertisement