Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Podcast Suggestions

• 16-07-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

doesnt seem to be many movie suggestions on here. anyone got any? Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo-Radio 5 Live is the obvious one most people know about, what else is out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    doesnt seem to be many movie suggestions on here. anyone got any? Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo-Radio 5 Live is the obvious one most people know about, what else is out there?

I would strongly recommend Film Sack.

http://filmsack.com/

It doesn't cover current releases, but it's hilarious and entertaining all the same. It's four guys from American discussing cult releases, often from the 1980s, that they've seen on Netflix that week. Hysterically funny!

I would also recommend the sadly defunct Everyone's A Critic.

http://critics.wordpress.com/

That one tended to cover newer films as well as older ones, but was most entertaining when its two hosts - Tom and Cecil - hated a film, which they did quite a lot. I know the idea of two Americans slamming cinematic classics like The Good, The Bad And The Ugly and The Godfather Part II (two of my favourite films) doesn't sound very appealing, but trust me, it had me in stitches laughing!

• I'd recommend the Empire Podcast, good for some light heated current reviews and news, also if you have an interest in movies the BBFC podcast is very interesting insight into movie classification.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Doug loves movies. I'm don't listen to it regularly if I'm honest but enjoyed it the few times I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

thanks guys, will definitely look into these.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

/filmcast and Filmspotting, are 2 excellent podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    /filmcast and Filmspotting, are 2 excellent podcasts.

The Top Fives on Filmspotting are addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RyanAdams11

Heroes for Hire - an Irish comicbook and movie based podcast that's kinda newish. They tackle all the weeks movie news along with weird news. They also do a cool segment called Hero or Zero every week talking one comicbook character and doing an in depth discussion on them. I find it really funny and their accents are just cool

I always listen to them on podbean, I find it's the best app for listening to stuff but they're on Itunes, Spotify and Castbox too i think?

Advertisement