Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student and unemployed

• 17-09-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was recently got let go from my job and I am a full time student. I have worked for the last 4 years and only went back to college last year. Can I claim any social welfare payment now that I am unemployed even though I’m a student? I am 26 and now have no income

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 uccstudentmom

From experience I don't think so, you can't go on Back to Education as your now in second year, I don't think you would qualify for jobseekers as being in full time college would hold you back from obtaining employment, maybe family income suppplement if you have a partner/kids or lone parents if you are single with kids. Citizens information are very useful for scenarios like this!

Advertisement