Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Plus One Equals One

• 10-09-2018 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

Almost finished my VR Battle-Station Desk rebuild and decided to post some pics early whilst taking a photo of the PC for a post in another forum. Battery on camera ran out before I got to taking a close up of the VR Sim Rig which is a GT Omega Wheelstand I modded and built into an old Home Theater Component rack inset into the Attic Eaves Storage space. I converted two Ikea Malm desks I had into one large desk, hence the thread title, 'One Plus One Equals One'

RueJkyK.jpg

6ZYCDrb.jpg

4QFPfoR.jpg

Imgur Album with more photo's and Spec Lists

Like I said I was going to wait till everything in the room was done but decided to jump the Gun. I've yet to fabricate a pull down 'Blackout' blind that can be pulled down to hide the modded foldable Sim Rig. I'll also be modding an Ikea Malm Double bed in conjunction with 2 Ikea Malm Bedside Drawer units into a MurphyBed which means the bed can fold up against the back wall which will increase the size of my current Room-scale playspace from 3m x 2.5m to approximately 3m x 4m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

that is a thing of beauty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Haha Calibos, share it with the world and be proud. Definitely great to see it come to life, I remember seeing the original mockup render you posted so instantly recognised it when I saw the pic!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Shlippery wrote: »
    Haha Calibos, share it with the world and be proud. Definitely great to see it come to life, I remember seeing the original mockup render you posted so instantly recognised it when I saw the pic!

:D

Oh, you know me so well! :D:D

I've already shared it on the Boards PC Building forum and several places on reddit like r/oculus, r/battlestations, r/simracing and r/hotas. LOL :D

Now I'm off to the Corsair Forums because theres a lot of Corsair product in the photo's. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

didn't I see this posted on reddit already? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think I saw it in the back of Ireland's Own as well :p

Advertisement