Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pony for lease

• 20-08-2018 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Im thinking about getting a pony for my 12 year old. Someone suggested leasing one to see the reality of owning one. Is this a thing? Any idea how to go about it? We based in South Dublin. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

Does your child ride at a riding school? If so, chat with their instructor/the yard owner and see if they have any ponies available, or know of any for loan/lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loddles17

ailbheg wrote: »
    Does your child ride at a riding school? If so, chat with their instructor/the yard owner and see if they have any ponies available, or know of any for loan/lease.
    Thanks for response. She does but im reluctant to ask just yet at the yards shes in for two reasons. One being that if she finds out and then it doesnt happen she will be devo and two i dont want her to lease a school pony. Ill make some discreet enquiries though. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Have you a stable for the pony? Land?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

Loddles17 wrote: »
    Thanks for response. She does but im reluctant to ask just yet at the yards shes in for two reasons. One being that if she finds out and then it doesnt happen she will be devo and two i dont want her to lease a school pony. Ill make some discreet enquiries though. Thanks a million

It wouldn't need to be a school pony, there could be a pony someone owns that has been outgrown but the owners don't want to sell. Having a share/lease in a familiar environment would be a good place to start, there can be a big difference between doing lessons on a riding school pony and having your "own" pony.

Does she help out at the yard? It can be hard work but it's a great way to get extra horsey time and also the experience handling, tacking up, etc.

Advertisement