Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Looking for three tickets for myself and two elderly parents lifelong limerick fans. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭C__MC

Just Dosent feel right the hurling final in mid August

I don’t know why... that first Sunday in September was a unique Irish thing

Anyway Galway’s expierence to see them over the line. There 5th final since 2012-

Up for that match now- a lot of pony to be talked no doubt -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

This is definitely the most excited I've been as a neutral since 2013.

Can't fn wait until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Be brilliant if Limerick could pull this off. Only one that would top it for me would have been Waterford getting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

C__MC wrote: »
    Just Dosent feel right the hurling final in mid August

I don’t know why... that first Sunday in September was a unique Irish thing

Anyway Galway’s expierence to see them over the line. There 5th final since 2012-

Up for that match now- a lot of pony to be talked no doubt -

Totally agree re final date! I'm convinced this is the reason why I'm not as excited as last year, despite being from Galway and with the added prospect of them potentially doing the double. Will the final always be in August from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Will the final always be in August from now on?

For the next two years at least.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sandwiched in between both so would have a soft spot for both counties. Wouldn't begrudge a great player like Joe a second medal but afraid I have to root for Limerick to end the long famine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭golfball37

Final in August was a great decision. Hurling will die out if we make the ic season any longer. Club hurlers deserve better than waiting til November in some cases to finish championships

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

golfball37 wrote: »
    Final in August was a great decision. Hurling will die out if we make the ic season any longer. Club hurlers deserve better than waiting til November in some cases to finish championships

Replay (if needed) not util September which makes a joke of a mid august final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

golfball37 wrote: »

There are two counties in the final today. What excuse under heaven do rest of them have not to be playing senior championship? And I include Dublin in that. Fact that Callaghan from Cuala is on county footballers should be no excuse for holding the whole thing up.

My favourite example is Waterford SFC which a few years ago finished around Christmas! Waterford. Football. They were gone by May.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck to both teams in the final today. AI Finals are great occasions that will be never forgotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There are two counties in the final today. What excuse under heaven do rest of them have not to be playing senior championship? And I include Dublin in that. Fact that Callaghan from Cuala is on county footballers should be no excuse for holding the whole thing up.

My favourite example is Waterford SFC which a few years ago finished around Christmas! Waterford. Football. They were gone by May.

Off topic but...

Lot of hurlers playing football, there was the league late championship exit and u21 hurling to blame for that in conjunction with the football being put on hold to get a hurling representative out in time. Structure was not great either but far more to it than that.

Hopefully we'll have a great final today to end a great year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maireadf

Does anyone use the Magzter app for the programme .. today’s one isn’t there ? Need it for an elderly Galway man !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Is RTEs frame rate stuttering?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Not on my telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

doylefe wrote: »
    Is RTEs frame rate stuttering?

Nope. Not for me.

Both teams start as selected.

Limerick look very relaxed in the warm up room.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Limerick look very relaxed in the warm up room.

They haven't shown the Galway team have they ?

They do and hopefully we get a good game of hurling.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They haven't shown the Galway team have they ?

They do and hopefully we get a good game of hurling.

No, I don't think so. Teams got there late due to the traffic, so hopefully they both have the time to get all the stretching and pucking about done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Teams got there late due to the traffic
    Did they not know there was a big match on?

Finally....RTE shut up for once and let the sound be heard when the teams come out.

But then they make a bollocks of it when Galway come out. Bloody typical.

I hope the structural condition of croke park is good as I'd say there'll be a mighty reaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Good to see it's Marty in the commentary box. He'll give his obligitary rambling inspirational speach before the throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

doylefe wrote: »
    Good to see it's Marty in the commentary box. He'll give his obligitary rambling inspirational speach before the throw in
    Yeah what's the point in having a world class commentator like ger canning if they're not going to use him? Rte have left the Ferrari in the garage again.

RTE need to shut on the past - let these teams write their own script

Sick of hearing about the 70s and 80s teams

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

hhhhhuuuupppp

Galway to win

• Advertisement

HATE the way the talking heads in the studio are yabbering over the parade. Shut the bleep up and let us hear the noise and experience the atmosphere of the occassion. Drives me nuts that RTE don't have the cop on to get everyone to shut up for the 2 minutes.

Advertisement