Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland v India T20 Series June 27th & 29th

• 09-05-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭

India have announced their squad for the games in Malahide.

India Squads/Players
    Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Suresh Raina, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav,

Interestingly Virat Kohli is announced as Captain despite the fact that Surrey have said he will play for them against Yorkshire between the 25th and 28th. Very strong squad, although one of my favorites (Ravi Jadeja) is not included. Maybe Kohli is pencilled in for the 29th if the County Game ends quickly.

Definitely going to go to one game, very hard to choose in case India want to rotate the squad for one game.

Also Ireland women will play Bangladesh in the second game on the 29th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Going on the Friday, should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got tickets for Friday as well. Hope the weather gets better by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got tickets for Friday as well. Hope the weather gets better by then.

Next Friday? Think you're talking about the test with Pakistan then :) The T20 is on June 29th, if you know what the weather is going to be like then I think Met Eireann might want to speak with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

_brendand_ wrote: »
    Next Friday? Think you're talking about the test with Pakistan then :) The T20 is on June 29th, if you know what the weather is going to be like then I think Met Eireann might want to speak with you!

No, not talking about the test. Talking about Friday 29th June.

I just said hope it gets better by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

India have announced their squad for the games in Malahide.

India Squads/Players
    Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Suresh Raina, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav,

Interestingly Virat Kohli is announced as Captain despite the fact that Surrey have said he will play for them against Yorkshire between the 25th and 28th. Very strong squad, although one of my favorites (Ravi Jadeja) is not included.
    Maybe Kohli is pencilled in for the 29th if the County Game ends quickly.

A tough decision for Kohli whether to go to sunny Scarborough or balmy Malahide!

But given Yorkshire's comprehensive stuffing at the Oval on Monday - when Joe Root failed twice and Bairstow once - allied to the fact that they'll be missing both players at Scarboro whereas Surrey will be even stronger with Morkel fit and Roy and the older Curran back, Kohli can - and should - be made to play with India.

Although perhaps, as you suggest, Surrey may reckon that they'll win in two days - and it would be hard to disagree with that assessment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The game on the 29th has sold out :eek:

Has Irish Cricket ever had a sell out before?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Eoin Morgan.

I jest, I jest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

KevIRL wrote: »
    Eoin Morgan.

I jest, I jest.

:Dicon14.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

The game on the 29th has sold out :eek:

Several times - recent visits of England & Australia jump to mind, both in Dublin and in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nightwatchman

Hi there! Is anyone selling a ticket for the game on the 29th June?

Sorry, not sure if this is the right forum for this type of thing

• Advertisement

Kohli is now out of his County Cricket stint with Surrey due to a neck injury. Likely to be back for the T20s v Ireland & England though. I can't help but feel he went a bit rogue in signing that Surrey contract and the BCCI bit back.

https://twitter.com/cricbuzz/status/999566938987610112?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

Hi there! Is anyone selling a ticket for the game on the 29th June?

Sorry, not sure if this is the right forum for this type of thing

I wasn't expecting a sell-out, and would love two tickets for Friday, but guessing it's too late as all sold out at ticketmaster. Any ideas?

Got a ticket for the Wednesday, work won't give me the day off but am off on the Friday. Load of cock. Weather looks magnificent too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Watched the Indian innings of the 1st India/Ireland T20 match down the local and it just confirmed my view that the format is complete rubbish - a slog fest with nothing to recommend it.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/oct/20/cricket-is-rotting-destroyed-icc-ecb-t20-test-matches

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread but I couldn't find one about the pros and cons of T20 - I'm sure there is one? Anybody else got any thoughts on the T20 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I like it as a third format, something to play at the end of a longer series for a bit of fun. The fact it's taken over so quickly isn't great for the purists though. Also the fact Ireland are rubbish at it doesn't help either.

I was there on Friday and it was a great day out, I brought a friend who had little interest in cricket and that's not something I could have done at the Pakistan test. Even the ODI format drags around the middle overs, you may think of it as a shorter format but try convincing your average rugby/football fan that an 11am start and 7pm finish is a quick game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In all honesty, Rounders would be be better third format at the end of the season. T20 is just the dumbing down of the game in the interests of filthy lucre. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Del.Monte wrote: »
    In all honesty, Rounders would be be better third format at the end of the season. T20 is just the dumbing down of the game in the interests of filthy lucre. :(

Well the ECB is planning an even shorter format, 100 balls.

I don't have much interest in international t20, especially since Ireland are so damn bad at it, but I think if I had the possibility of attending regular games t20 would probably be pretty attractive then. Even with soccer giving up 3 hours every 2nd Friday feels like a bit much sometimes, with cricket spending a full Sunday can be a bit of a drain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I see Bumrah broke a thumb V Ireland and will miss India's three T20 games in England. His excellent T20 bowling will be missed.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23953007/jasprit-bumrah-t20is-england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Del.Monte wrote: »

But neither T20 nor the new 100 ball format are aimed at existing cricket lovers - (to do so would be rather like expecting lovers of Beethoven and Brahms to immediately warm to the music of Duran Duran or Black Sabbath!).

The plan is to create a totally new TV audience for what is effectively a new, made for TV, game with some links to cricket as we know (and love!) it. Furthermore, I think that the plan is for the 100 ball comp to be broadcast on FTA channels; as currently there is virtually no cricket to be seen on FTA channels in the UK. It is hoped that this will, in time, broaden the appeal of all types of cricket to a wider audience.

Advertisement