Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Beginners and Intermediate Pilates

• 18-01-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Rejoining the gym after a bit of a break, and the schedule has changed and what was a beginners pilates is now intermediate (beginners time will not work for me). Is there likely to be much of a step up between the two classes?

It's a few months since I did a class, but at the time I was generally doing the progression in the beginners class, and in the meantime I have been doing Strength and Conditioning classes, working on flexibility etc..

So will I be able to cope/ will they give alternatives?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭thegrowreport

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Hi,

Rejoining the gym after a bit of a break, and the schedule has changed and what was a beginners pilates is now intermediate (beginners time will not work for me). Is there likely to be much of a step up between the two classes?

It's a few months since I did a class, but at the time I was generally doing the progression in the beginners class, and in the meantime I have been doing Strength and Conditioning classes, working on flexibility etc..

So will I be able to cope/ will they give alternatives?

Thanks

So how did you get on? I would guess the Intermediate class would suit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

So how did you get on? I would guess the Intermediate class would suit fine.
    I didn't end up going in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭thegrowreport

That's a pity. Pilates is great and a wonderful way to keep strong, healthy and sane! Get back into it!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would encourage you to get back into it. I've been doing it for over 3 years now, and it became part of my rehab after my bad cycling accident. When I did start (which was perhaps 10 months after the accident) I went straight into the second class up, as they said I was probably too strong for the beginners class. I slotted in easily at that level.

It's run by physios who will always adapt for whatever injury I may be suffering from. You're a cyclist though and should have more than basic fitness if you've been doing much on the bike. I guess it does though depend on the instructor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I usually just rest when they do something more advanced than I feel I can do.

I stopped mine a while ago, let other things take priority and I regret it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement