Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Reed playing Whelans

• 31-10-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Don't know if many on here are interested ,but Dan Reed from Dan Reed Network is playing a solo gig in Whelans on Sunday 6th.

To me he's not just a great singer with a great voice but a brilliant songwriter.I saw him last time he was here and he didn't disappoint.

If you're free sunday I would recommend you go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭peterobrien100

Its a pity he is not bringing the band but who would turn up anyway no one hardly knows its on ! Should be good gig though !

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Its a pity he is not bringing the band but who would turn up anyway no one hardly knows its on ! Should be good gig though !

Yes i would love to see the band back here, but who knows it may happen soon ??
    It is baffling why there's no real advertising about his solo gig,hence my post here, lol.

In recent years ,actually the past 5 years whenever he hasa been touring he plays Belfast and hasnt been to Dublin in about 5 yrs.

I asked him on FB few years back why he wouldnt come back to play Dublin and he said it was because of the "recession" and thought no one had any money .

But hey, he's changed his mind this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

He stated on FB on Friday that he wants to make his Dublin gigs an annual event and requested people spread the word.

Fantastic show and an absolute gentleman!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

Dan Reed Network were like a less-extreme version of Extreme.

• Advertisement

He's coming back.

Whelans 20/10/17

poundhound wrote: »
    He's coming back.

Whelans 20/10/17

Thanks for that . I had a look at his site and it shows hes playing a friday night which is good. Hopefully more people will be in attendance. I spoke to him after his last gig and he said it was difficult to get any day bar a sunday to play whelans, they would only give him a sunday.

Just a reminder that Dan Reed is playing Whelans this Friday night, 20/10/17.

Just a reminder that Dan Reed is playing Whelans this Friday night, 20/10/17.

Thanks Poundhound, you beat me to it.
    Hopefully he will get a good crowd tomorrow night, the last 2 gigs, crown wise, were disappointing, he was though his usual brilliant self .

For those people reading this and dont know who Dan Reed is , it is THE same Dan Reed , from the Dan Reed Network, go see him , you wont be disappointed,

I took some photos of Dan playing Whelan's last year. He seen one and contacted me requesting to use it as his Facebook profile picture. Of course I agreed. He's using it now.
    Chuffed.

• Advertisement

I took some photos of Dan playing Whelan's last year. He seen one and contacted me requesting to use it as his Facebook profile picture. Of course I agreed. He's using it now.
    Chuffed.

Saw it,its great.
    Nice one ;)

Advertisement