Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports highlights audio

Options
  • 03-08-2014 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right forum but basically what happens is that I'm hearing audio through my laptop and I have no idea where it's coming from.

It's a Mac OS X and it's 7 years old, but I've only been having this problem for the last 6 months or so. It's very hard to predict but every now and again I get this audio coming through the laptop, it's usually highlights from football commentary with techno music, and occasionally a move trailer or something but there's no stingers for a radio station or anything, no DJs.

It's driving me mad, as when I'm trying to watch something else I have no way of muting it or turning it off. Disconnecting from the internet sometimes, other times it just seems to disappear on its own. It's not specific to one location either.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

check what extensions/add-ons are installed on your browser, one of them is bound to be responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

jsa112 wrote: »
    check what extensions/add-ons are installed on your browser, one of them is bound to be responsible.

Thanks

I found an extension called "vuze remote community toolbar" which a quick google told me I could definitely do without and I also found a suspicious plug-in simply called "1.0" which I have also disabled. Nothing else suspicious so hopefully it was one of those

OK guys, I have to bump this up again because it's back and yet again driving me up the wall. I tried checking add-on/plug-ins again but nothing new. I've also sussed that it's NOT connected to my browser. I quit firefox and the audio is still there. I have no idea where it could be coming from!!

its probably malware, do you have the log from adwcleaner ?

its probably malware, do you have the log from adwcleaner ?

The what now?

*googles adwcleaner*

I've never downloaded is it something that should come with the Mac?

• Advertisement

sorry ignore that, I was getting this thread mixed up with another.

try this even though you think its not browser related. open firefox, click the Help tab, click restart with add-ons disabled. audio still there ?

try this even though you think its not browser related. open firefox, click the Help tab, click restart with add-ons disabled. audio still there ?

I'll have to wait till it comes back. Annoyingly it's not a constant thing, it comes and goes randomly. Next time it appears I'll try this thanks. I am 99% sure it's not browser related but I'll try anything

Yes :(

Advertisement