Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Micky 32 wrote: »
    They deliver to Ireland?

Parcel motel in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Ordered 5G 10+ from Samsung UK

What Network you on? I wonder if the 5g model will be supported for wifi calling and Volte here.

What Network you on? I wonder if the 5g model will be supported for wifi calling and Volte here.

Currently Vodafone. I'm only buying the 5G to future proof/resale. I will have this phone for two years most likely.

Currently Vodafone. I'm only buying the 5G to future proof/resale. I will have this phone for two years most likely.

Exactly, if you going to spend money on a Note 10+ it makes sense to pay the little extra for the 5G.

Exactly, if you going to spend money on a Note 10+ it makes sense to pay the little extra for the 5G.

I suspect that if Vodafone are testing their 5G network at present they are most likely using S10 and potentially Note 5G devices so these maybe quickly provisioned for VoLTE and WiFi calling even though they are not for sale. Just a guess.

• Advertisement

I suspect that if Vodafone are testing their 5G network at present they are most likely using S10 and potentially Note 5G devices so these maybe quickly provisioned for VoLTE and WiFi calling even though they are not for sale. Just a guess.

Makes sense, hope so. I believe the 5G uses different modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone looking for 5G one. Microsoft UK and Amazon UK both have them deliver direct to Ireland.

Would not chance Parcel Motel as they lost a 800€ phone on me a month ago and still no resolution.

dan786 wrote: »
    For anyone looking for 5G one. Microsoft UK and Amazon UK both have them deliver direct to Ireland.

Would not chance Parcel Motel as they lost a 800€ phone on me a month ago and still no resolution.

Yes I have been hearing phones going missing, and with Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Was talking to a Three rep this morning and he said ComReg is holding up the 5G release until all networks can service at least 56% of the population. All Three masts have been 5G ready for over a year. He said estimates say it could happen in October.

I've been using them since 2012 and they've never lost anything. I've used the parcel diary and sometimes the extended liability. Probably cursed myself now!

• Advertisement

All Three masts have been 5G ready for over a year.
    A bit of a bold statement from the rep. All the masts aren't even 4g.

I've been using them since 2012 and they've never lost anything. I've used the parcel diary and sometimes the extended liability. Probably cursed myself now!

I have had over a 500 parcels with them. This is the first they have lost.

All fine until something goes wrong, a big pain to claim as their CS is non existant. Trustpilot and their Facebook page shows this. Every single comment is about lost parcels and no resolution after months of waiting.

They were fine up until UPS take over but now they are horrendous. Rarely use them now as Amazon do 2 day prime delivery to Ireland now. I wouldnt order anything over €100 with them ever again.

Do Amazon charge much for delivery to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Ordered 5G 10+ from Samsung UK

Did you manage to get your PM number on the shipping address?
    I couldn't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I pay the extra cover when doing this

markad1 wrote: »
    Did you manage to get your PM number on the shipping address?
    I couldn't :confused:

Yes, no issue and the invoice shows it correctly.not sure why you couldnt

Do Amazon charge much for delivery to Ireland?

They adjust the VAT rate. Think it was 1023£ delivered to Ireland with Prime. 999£ for UK delivery.

Edit: Thats for base Plus model non 5G

markad1 wrote: »
    I pay the extra cover when doing this

The problem is getting them to pay you out. Waiting a month here. Others on trustpilot/facebook waiting for even 4-5 months and still not paid.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Is there an alternative to Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

ChopShop wrote: »

addresspal

• Advertisement

ChopShop wrote: »

Addresspal by An Post - they are slower and dont think have option to extend liability. They can take upto a week to deliver to your local post office from when they recieve it. You dont get any updates up until that point. Had few parcels with them that only had option for mainland UK. All arrived fine but nothing of high value ordered.

There is also Parcel Wizard by DPD - Have never used them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Suppose it's better to risk a stock delay than increase the odds of it going 'missing' in transit.

Cancelled the order from Samsung. Went to Amazon instead

I think i'm going to get the SD855 version. Some of the experts reckon the 9825 still won't come close. Apparently even the S10 with 9820 is slower than the SD845 S9!

Yes i know, not many people might notice but when you spend 1k+ on a phone it would just bug me i have the inferior model....

The problem is getting them to pay you out. Waiting a month here. Others on trustpilot/facebook waiting for even 4-5 months and still not paid.
    I wouldn't be having any of that now. A book arrived from Amazon with them before and the book was damaged. I was able to prove to parcel motel that based on the pic from their email the box was intact when they received it and they refunded me the full cost of the damaged book within 48hrs of my complaint.

Sure many of the parcels arrive requiring a signature. If I have proof Parcel Motel received it and then lost it they'd have no leg to stand on. AT least Parcel motel take pics of items they receive. What's the chance of the same thing happening to Amazon deliveries??

I also heard if they do pay you never get full value of the phone,.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Ordered the 5G myself from amazon earlier.

For anyone thinking of using Parcel Wizard from DPD, my last three deliveries from them (over the past fortnight) have been left outside my door. 2 of them where left while I was in the house, doorbell never rang. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, wouldn't fancy trusting them with a €1k phone!

I'm thinking of ordering an unlocked SD855 10+ off the Samsung USA website and having it sent to my cousins house in the USA. I'll be visiting there in the next couple of months. That should work?

I wouldn't be having any of that now. A book arrived from Amazon with them before and the book was damaged. I was able to prove to parcel motel that based on the pic from their email the box was intact when they received it and they refunded me the full cost of the damaged book within 48hrs of my complaint.

Sure many of the parcels arrive requiring a signature. If I have proof Parcel Motel received it and then lost it they'd have no leg to stand on. AT least Parcel motel take pics of items they receive. What's the chance of the same thing happening to Amazon deliveries??

My parcel, a phone worth 830 Euros was delivered by Amazon Italy to them, signed for and even checked in with picture of the parcel taken. Nothing since. Have been calling and emailing since 14th July.

As I mentioned earlier all was good until recently, their CS was efficient and dealt with queries within certain time frame but now they a bunch of inexperience people working who dont even know how to talk on a phone and the fact none of their calls are recorded they get away with it.

If you ordered from Amazon direct, you can refuse delivery if any damage to box and they have one of the best CS teams out there so it will be dealt with very quick.

I'm thinking of ordering an unlocked SD855 10+ off the Samsung USA website and having it sent to my cousins house in the USA. I'll be visiting there in the next couple of months. That should work?

If its going to be a couple of months why not just wait and pick one up in a store there? Might drop in price a bit also.

Eglobal sell the SD ones and their prices are well below here after couple of weeks of release.

• Advertisement

You scared me enough so cancelled with Samsung UK and ordered from Amazon. Only noticed too that the Note 10 has no SD card slot. Only the 10+

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9787&idPhone2=9788&idPhone3=9536

Advertisement