Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zenfone 6 - 855 cpu, 5000mah battery, $499

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

opus wrote: »
    See the Zenfone 8 is launching later on today. Much as I like my new gadgets I can't really come up with a reason to shift from the ZF6.

Yep, I'm in the very same boat! I love my Zonefone 6! The battery is still lasting all day long (and then some), the cameras (that everyone said would fail quickly) is still going strong and its 2 generations old now... (and I use it to unlock my phone so it's used a lot) I'm having no slowdowns or stutters whatsoever at and its still getting updates!

It's so hard to knock this wonderful phone. (and has a headphone jack...) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Same for me, it really is an all purpose device. Looks like we're the only two people using one :)

Maybe the ZF 9 next year.

Glad to see the ZF6 is still getting some love from Asus, the June security patch appeared today along with a new one-hand mode feature. I've had it two years now & it still does everything that I need.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ZF 7 user here, first one the flip camera lasted 6 weeks, returned and have a new 7, going strong but only 2 weeks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

... and my Zenfone 6 bit the bullet a month or so ago. funny thing everyone said the camera would go first but that thing lasted right the way to the last day of use without a glitch and was used to face unlock every day so was always going. In the end a hardware failure on the mainbord killed it and now it wont even boot past the QC logo. oh well.

However I have found a phone that still gives me everything I wanted... or almost loat! a 6.7 LCD screen (no to amoled burn-in) a SD 870 CPU (no to 888 over heating) a headphone jack!! (Whoop f%^&ing whoop!) a 500 mAH battery (so loved the ZP6 battery), almost stock UI and a SD card up to 1TB for only 388! (499 on moto site but 388 on amazon.de) all on the Moto G 100. Also comes with a dock for connecting/showing everything on your TV windows/computer like. Me happy but will remember the Zenfone 6 fondly.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear it's bit the dust 🙁 My own one still going strong although a friend in Germany is going to see if she can sign up for the upcoming Pixel 6 offers there so might well end up with the non-pro version next month.

Advertisement