Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Over the water after a very pleasant ferry trip this morning - treated myself to a seat in the stena lounge cause I'm still feeling ill and I made the best of the free tea (not Barry's). Now in temporary accommodation, annoying myself by catching up on Brexit-related shenanigans and resting before I head to a friend's house to be fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Hiding, for the final ten minutes before home time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flaked out on the couch. Need food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

McDonald's on Lower Briggate, starving! Got my presentation done, which went okay, now just got the interview to do :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, thinking of going for a nap.
    bolgbui41 wrote: »
    e free tea (not Barry's)..

:eek: shocking !

:pac:
    Hiding, for the final ten minutes before home time.

There probably all wondering now where the tech wizard bones is :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In from out after a long and amazing day in so many unexpected ways... Collapsed abed longing f0r painkillers to click in and hot water bottle applied.

In from out. So much to take in today; so deeply moved by the goodness and kindnesses shared, working both ways of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭gifted

islanderre wrote: »
    Home from UCHG..... all is good thankfully....

Back again next month....

The legendary "Gifted" was not spotted.... This time!!!

I missed you today....actually I was off today, but ill read your mums file in the morning and get back to you .....lol lol

had to bring herself up to visit her Aunt who's in a hospice in Dublin ( Harold's cross)

Homeside now and ordering a supermacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting in front of a roaring wife fire; the first decent one since Spring. Comfy cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home after a rough first day back in work. But put new bedclothes on the bed, and clean PJs on, now in bed watching rubbish YouTube videos, feeling like I conquered Everest because I got through the day without crying or throwing anything at anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In bed feeling very bad. Pain reaching really bad levels and I'm struggling to do anything. Gonna take hours to finish my homework :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside after what wad a busy day. The interview was less an interview, more of a talk and form filling in thing. But all being well, I can start working whenever. Not really sure that I want to though, I've gotten used to being lazy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bedside. Had intentions of watching TV downstairs tonight but I just want to lie down and watch something on the laptop. It's cosier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In work.. Started at 08:00 this morning and don't get off until 09:00 tomorrow morning.

It was the feckin bereavement counsellor all along! :pac:

I'm in bed watching a show filled with tortured detectives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Sitting on the side of my bed at the moment filling out my diary. Alternating between here and the floor as sit and play with my dog. Also trying to organise a little treat for myself for tomorrow as it is a big day for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan tae, frozen !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Paying the price for doing far too much yesterday, but impenitent... Made so many new acquaintances, and some will become friends. Learned so much about the town I shop in many times.

My neighbours the ferry folk took ,my empty gas bottle and brought the full one back and to its right place. Small kindnesses that mean so much

Grocery delivery today ....

yawn...ie abed of course,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Wondering what Kamikazes today will drop... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I should never have taunted the weather gods.... -2C in Dublin, WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a stroll up the bog. It's our first proper frost this season and the air is fresh, dry, and invigorating. Now, for breakfast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Waiting for gym class to start.. I'm frozen.. Looking forward to being warm (and tortured judging the course :o)

cbyrd wrote: »
    Waiting for gym class to start.. I'm frozen.. Looking forward to being warm (and tortured judging the course :o)

I left the house with just a shirt and light jacket on. Nearly froze to death on the way in.
    Am still thawing out.
    Hat and scarf and gloves will be dusted off tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work and I'm frozen inside out. I wore thermals and layers this morning, but can't get the heat into me. It's not even that cold yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Too cold for me today :(

Happy Thursday!!!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In work and I'm frozen inside out. I wore thermals and layers this morning, but can't get the heat into me. It's not even that cold yet.

Time to invest in a knitted Willy warmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Ach you poor craythurs. A mild 30 degrees here.

Back in my condo munching a half warmed piece of baguette with unmelted cheese, cold tomatoes and raw onion.

Boyfriend says use grill in microwave. Will be fine.

Microwave + air conditioning = electric tripping.

By the time the fuse box was found, I had a quick meeting to take on the phone with an Irish client and no time reheat or make something else.

Damn the press viewing and opening party of a new nightclub needing attending in an hour. So annoyed coz will get drunk quicker on the free booze. Ugh.

FML*

* Ha ha ha....lovin it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

smurfjed wrote: »
    I should never have taunted the weather gods.... -2C in Dublin, WTF.

Listening to the Waterboys at work in Sydney.

"I wish I was a Fisherman tumbling on the seas, far away from dryland and its bitter memories.... or else I could be like smurfjed"

40 hrs in a C172 done including solo. I'll get there eventually!

*Btw its wet and pissing rain here too non stop for the past two weeks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Stove lit lovely and toasty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New pain in my back, movement more restricted, sod this!. Happy payday haha..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just out of my first, and likely last, spinning class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement