Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
27-08-2018, 14:26   #61
Standard Toaster
Registered User
 
Standard Toaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,282
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_make...news-32959.php


Quote:
In France (with other European markets likely to follow) the Pocophone F1 will start at €330 for a 6GB+64GB configuration. The 6GB+128GB model will cost €370. Sales will open in September.
Standard Toaster is offline  
Advertisement
27-08-2018, 15:15   #62
Subcomandante Marcos
Registered User
 
Subcomandante Marcos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard Toaster View Post
That's a fantastic starting price.
Subcomandante Marcos is offline  
27-08-2018, 20:23   #63
Do-more
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,507
Definitely going for this at €330, the fun now starts trying to find one in stock at the rrp.

The full retail price in Spain is also €329 but there is a limited time €30off voucher available on the mi.com website but only valid for deliveries within Spain.
Do-more is offline  
27-08-2018, 20:30   #64
Atlantic Dawn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50,470
Looks like the annoying notch doesn't intrude on video playback or gameplaying, will be getting me one as my next phone.
Atlantic Dawn is offline  
28-08-2018, 14:06   #65
god's toy
Registered User
 
god's toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,163
this according to on the Android sites looks like Ireland is out of the picture the best shot is probably Amazon UK


... https://www.androidauthority.com/pocophone-f1-availability-release-date-899011/


Americas

Chile
Colombia
Mexico
Uruguay
Asia
Bangladesh
Hong Kong
India
Indonesia
Kazakhstan
Malaysia
Myanmar
Nepal
Pakistan
Philippines
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Vietnam

Europe

Albania
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
Estonia
Finland
France
Greece
Hungary
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine

Middle East and Africa

Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kenya
Kuwait
Lebanon
Morocco
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
United Arab Emirates
god's toy is offline  
Advertisement
28-08-2018, 14:23   #66
sydthebeat
Subscriber
 
sydthebeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 25,647
have xiamoi ever had an official ireland release?? i think the market is way too small for that.

any of the global roms tend to be suitable for use here
sydthebeat is online now  
28-08-2018, 14:28   #67
Subcomandante Marcos
Registered User
 
Subcomandante Marcos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
have xiamoi ever had an official ireland release?? i think the market is way too small for that.

any of the global roms tend to be suitable for use here
The UK Rom will be perfect here.
Subcomandante Marcos is offline  
28-08-2018, 16:09   #68
tedpan
Registered User
 
tedpan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,303
Definitely getting this phone. Can't wait for it's release to confirm actual pricing

Here's a very interesting comparison..

tedpan is offline  
(2) thanks from:
28-08-2018, 17:09   #69
god's toy
Registered User
 
god's toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Definitely getting this phone. Can't wait for it's release to confirm actual pricing

Here's a very interesting comparison..

Jesus for 200 quid less I would be willing to make that sacrifice... Those camera difference's were much less than I thought they would be considering how many people say the oneplus 6 camera was great... Was thinking of buying a one plus 6t but not a fan of glass back, I think the polycarbonate/plastic/Kevlar in the poco would probably be a better option.

does anyone know if there is an actual option to purchase with the Kevlar back or was it just for the reviewers?
god's toy is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-08-2018, 17:29   #70
Subcomandante Marcos
Registered User
 
Subcomandante Marcos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by god's toy View Post
Jesus for 200 quid less I would be willing to make that sacrifice... Those camera difference's were much less than I thought they would be considering how many people say the oneplus 6 camera was great... Was thinking of buying a one plus 6t but not a fan of glass back, I think the polycarbonate/plastic/Kevlar in the poco would probably be a better option.

does anyone know if there is an actual option to purchase with the Kevlar back or was it just for the reviewers?
The Kevlar version will be available for sale but will be on the highest end spec and closer to 400. Could always buy a polycarbonate model and then just throw on a Kevlar effect skin?
Subcomandante Marcos is offline  
Thanks from:
28-08-2018, 17:44   #71
god's toy
Registered User
 
god's toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcomandante Marcos View Post
The Kevlar version will be available for sale but will be on the highest end spec and closer to 400. Could always buy a polycarbonate model and then just throw on a Kevlar effect skin?
Yep it's an idea. And at the same time, 400 is still a chunk less than the possible near 550-600 that may be looking for the op6t
god's toy is offline  
28-08-2018, 18:11   #72
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 851
Flash sale in Mi India website tomorrow at 7:30 am...tempted...just need to find someone to get it here...6+64gb just 21k...so thats roughly 250 eur ...
Roberto_gas is online now  
28-08-2018, 18:15   #73
Do-more
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,507
I'm in Sweden and the local Mi store (which is run by a local company not Xiaomi themselves) have said that only the 128GB version will be available on August 31st. and the 64GB version will not launch until October 1st. No mention of when the kevlar armoured edition will be available.

No idea if that is going to be the same across Europe.
Do-more is offline  
Thanks from:
28-08-2018, 18:17   #74
Subcomandante Marcos
Registered User
 
Subcomandante Marcos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Flash sale in Mi India website tomorrow at 7:30 am...tempted...just need to find someone to get it here...6+64gb just 21k...so thats roughly 250 eur ...
21k is the MSRP for India. After taxes and shipping you won't save much compared to buying from a European seller directly to be honest. You also won't have to faff about with ROMs or worry about bands being compatible.
Subcomandante Marcos is offline  
29-08-2018, 09:12   #75
dinnybyrne
Registered User
 
dinnybyrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 757
Just ordered it from eglobalcentral. eu for 309 euro. Have purchased phones from them before quick delivery and no customs charge
dinnybyrne is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet