Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather conditions - July 2018.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mostly cloudy in Dublin 15 too. 20.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Cloudy.

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon boundary (inaccurate)
    18 Jul 2018 15:08:03

Temperature (°C):
    Current 18,7
    Trend (per hour) -0,2
    Average today 14,4
    Wind chill 18,7
    Heat Index 18,7
    Dew Point 9,5
    Rel Humidity 55%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 14,7 N
    Average Speed 13,3 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 2,1
    Total this month 30,8
    Total this year 1099,0

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 995,8
    Trend (per hour) +0,2

www.joujoujou.com/weather

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely day around Tralee getting up to 20.2C and currently 16.6C

Wind light NW with a RH of 67% . Beautiful.

Light cloud scattered about and good sunshine.

Bar 1020.1 hPa Rising Slowly

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mostly cloudy day in Dublin 16 with a few brief sunny interludes. High of 21.7c. 18.6c atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The MetE webcam from Mace Head shows the time as 2132 GMT but its 2124 GMT right now?

web17-webcam-Mace-1-2018_07_18_2115.jpg

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

18 Jul 2018 22:58:16

Temperature (°C):
    Current 10,2
    Trend (per hour) -2,0
    Average today 15,2
    Wind chill 10,2
    Heat Index 10,2
    Dew Point 9,3
    Rel Humidity 94%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 4,3 N
    Average Speed 3,2 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 2,1
    Total this month 30,8
    Total this year 1099,0

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 997,7
    Trend (per hour) +0,3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cooling down now to 13.4C here near Tralee

Calm

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

13.9C

Partly cloudy

Clear skies and sunny in Dublin 16. 11.0c atm. Low of 9.7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It was 21.8C and sunny here until a few moments ago.

• Advertisement

Decent day in Dublin 16. A good bit of cloud but good sunny spells too. 21.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hit the magic 25c today at mine :D

Unregistered Users

Mostly sunny. :)

19 Jul 2018 16:07:01

Temperature (°C):
    Current 21,8
    Trend (per hour) +0,2
    Average today 14,7
    Wind chill 21,8
    Heat Index 21,8
    Dew Point 9,4
    Rel Humidity 45%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 23,3 N
    Average Speed 15,4 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 0,0
    Total this month 30,8
    Total this year 1099,0

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 996,4
    Trend (per hour) -0,2

Clear blue skies this evening in Dublin 16. 19.4c atm. High of 21.7c today.

Up to 19.7C here near Tralee and currently 14.8C

Rh 77%
    Wind calm

Bar 1018.5 hPa Falling Slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Partially clear. 14.6C. RH86%. Today's high was 22.0C.

Unregistered Users

19 Jul 2018 23:09:41

Temperature (°C):
    Current 13,3
    Trend (per hour) -0,4
    Average today 15,1
    Wind chill 12,2
    Heat Index 13,3
    Dew Point 13,2
    Rel Humidity 99%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 14,7 N
    Average Speed 13,0 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 0,0
    Total this month 30,8
    Total this year 1099,0

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 994,5
    Trend (per hour) -0,3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Margaret Sour Spectrum

FINALLY!! There is actual real ongoing rain here in Clondalkin for the first time since early June. It's beautiful. I have been standing in the garden at 4am just to soak it up. Last week we got 3 minutes of raindrops. Casement nearby recorded 0.7mm but I'd say we had less. Please let this continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Kutebride

R a i n ........ Meath. Proper-woke-to-the-sound-of rain-kind-of-rain. ☔

Some light rain this morning in Dublin 16. 0.6mm (so far). 13.7c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Some light rain this morning in Dublin 16. 0.6mm (so far). 13.7c atm.

Very heavy rain north Dublin. In particular the vegetable crops of north county Dublin should have got a drink. Interesting on the radar how much more rain north of county has got thus far today compared to south Dublin/Wicklow. I am in Santry and it has been tipping down this last hour.

Very heavy rain north Dublin. In particular the vegetable crops of north county Dublin should have got a drink. Interesting on the radar how much more rain north of county has got thus far today compared to south Dublin/Wicklow. I am in Santry and it has been tipping down this last hour.

Decent burst of rain now in SoCoDu....tipping down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭highdef

Alternating between light and moderate rain in Inchicore, D8 for the past hour or so. Missing the heavy and very heavy rain that is being reported in other parts of Dublin and the east.

Looking at the hourly reports for Dublin airport, "light rain" is the heaviest intensity that has been reported at the top of the hour from 3am to 8am, local time. That's not to say that the rain was of a heavier intensity at times in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

highdef wrote: »
    Alternating between light and moderate rain in Inchicore, D8 for the past hour or so. Missing the heavy and very heavy rain that is being reported in other parts of Dublin and the east.

Looking at the hourly reports for Dublin airport, "light rain" is the heaviest intensity that has been reported at the top of the hour from 3am to 8am, local time. That's not to say that the rain was of a heavier intensity at times in between.

I think its more a case of people saying its "lashing" or "pouring" in their minds rather than meteorologically speaking. Here its been alternating between drizzle and light rain though the other half on the phone says its been "lashing" all morning. We have had a whopping 2.4mm of rain here since midnight..that's light rain..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭highdef

Supercell wrote: »
    I think its more a case of people saying its "lashing" or "pouring" in their minds rather than meteorologically speaking. Here its been alternating between drizzle and light rain though the other half on the phone says its been "lashing" all morning. We have had a whopping 2.4mm of rain here since midnight..that's light rain..

Agreed, "lashing" or "pouring" rain to me is the sort of rain you get in a thunderstorm or proper convective shower. Very rarely would I use those terms for frontal rain.

Back in Inchicore, heavy drizzle has now eased now eased to nothing more than very light drizzle as the front begins to clear.

The 9am (local time) Dublin Airport report stated "light rain" again so no reports of anything heavier for that part of North Dublin for the duration of the frontal event.

Constant light rain.

14C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads I know Yous probably hate these questions, I've a trip from Dublin to Kilkenny this afternoon. Is this rain due to clear up? Not sure to use car or bike. I'm slightly worried about slippy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

emo72 wrote: »
    Lads I know Yous probably hate these questions, I've a trip from Dublin to Kilkenny this afternoon. Is this rain due to clear up? Not sure to use car or bike. I'm slightly worried about slippy roads.

Rain will be gone soon,by lunchtime that'll pretty much be it in terms of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

Rain will be gone soon,by lunchtime that'll pretty much be it in terms of rain.

That's brilliant thanks. The news I wanted to hear!

• Advertisement

Rain has passed leaving 6mm.

Cloudy with no end in sight at the moment.

Advertisement