Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Just ordered twilight version sim free from amazon.de

Will you be able to get the headphones? I looked ot the UK terms and conditions and you need to have a UK address that the headphones are delivered to.

Hi All,

For anyone that has order through Vodafone, I have posted the question about the free headphones and the issues regarding the first 50 orders and lack of information.

If you are in the same situation, I would ask to post you request to this thread also to see if we can get the reps here to help.

As I said they were very helpful in the end for the S7 VR headset gift 2 years ago, and seem to be able to get more detailed information.

Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057857212

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

What did this set you back....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Fantastic colour. One of the best I've ever seen on a phone <wipes drool>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    What did this set you back....

Ah lad u could just look for yourself! 899 took me 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ah lad u could just look for yourself! 899 took me 30 seconds.

Or I found the 899 but wondered if the poster got a bargain / discount ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ForestFire wrote: »
    Will you be able to get the headphones? I looked ot the UK terms and conditions and you need to have a UK address that the headphones are delivered to.

No discount sadly. Price as mentioned.
    Headphones offer is same but through DE version of offer so will hopefully redeem that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So could you buy this phone say PAYG then within the 14 day window return it unopened and keep the headphones? Or is that just not possible?

So could you buy this phone say PAYG then within the 14 day window return it unopened and keep the headphones? Or is that just not possible?

Is this a serious question?

What do you think? They are just going to let you keep headphone worth over €350??

Sure what not just remove the phone from the box re-seal it and send them back the empty box??

If you are making a return of an online purchase within 14 days they you must return everything you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anybody watch the early impressions videos? The camera looks seriously impressive in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered last night, dont think I am going to qualify so just chanced it by buying pre-pay and then will return if I dont get the headphones. I have a Pixel 2 XL and S9+ so dont really need it but might let the S9+ go if I get the P20 Pro with the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hi All,

For anyone that has order through Vodafone, I have posted the question about the free headphones and the issues regarding the first 50 orders and lack of information.

If you are in the same situation, I would ask to post you request to this thread also to see if we can get the reps here to help.

As I said they were very helpful in the end for the S7 VR headset gift 2 years ago, and seem to be able to get more detailed information.

Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057857212

Done. Hopefully we'll get some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Looks like it's paired with huavey headphones am 61. Is that all?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

I ordered from Vodafone UK as I live up the north. When I ordered the phone I asked Vodafone about the headphones. They said it would be sent with the handset, even though the T&C's states you need to claim it off the Huawei website. I've seen no limit restriction mentioned with Vodafone UK though. Is the 50 handsets only with Vodafone IE?

rednoggin wrote: »
    I ordered from Vodafone UK as I live up the north. When I ordered the phone I asked Vodafone about the headphones. They said it would be sent with the handset, even though the T&C's states you need to claim it off the Huawei website. I've seen no limit restriction mentioned with Vodafone UK though. Is the 50 handsets only with Vodafone IE?

Yes, Only with Vodafone.ie there is a 50 order limit.

Vodafone.uk is limited only to pre-orders before the 6th April, i.e. everyone gets one up to this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

it's totally possible that the VF Ireland "marketing" team think that adding the "limited to 50" is a great way to encourage potential buyers over the line. But in reality I think it does the opposite. People will go to other sources for the phone as they don't want the stress and ****ery of did I get the phone or not and the hassle of 14 day cancellations and returning phones etc etc
    ...on a side note, the way the blurb is written could easily be interpreted as being the first 50 each day.

dan786 wrote: »
    Ordered last night, dont think I am going to qualify so just chanced it by buying pre-pay and then will return if I dont get the headphones. I have a Pixel 2 XL and S9+ so dont really need it but might let the S9+ go if I get the P20 Pro with the headphones.

Hi Dan can you post in my ASK VF section, The more that post, hopefully the more response we get (See my earlier post and link).

For the S7 VR headset offer (limited to 250), they did not restrict to the 250 in the end, but gave a cut off date instead, so you might still get your headphones.

Hi Dan can you post in my ASK VF section, The more that post, hopefully the more response we get (See my earlier post and link).

For the S7 VR headset offer (limited to 250), they did not restrict to the 250 in the end, but gave a cut off date instead, so you might still get your headphones.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I pre-ordered earlier today via the Eir website.

I then received a follow up email asking to upload documents via planet verify, which I completed.

Since then I haven't received any sales order number or any other details which I find strange.

Has anyone else Pre-ordered via Eir website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Verge - Huawei’s P20 Pro takes even better night pictures than the Pixel 2 XL

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/30/17179642/huawei-p20-pro-vs-pixel-2-xl-camera-comparison-low-light

Great night photos from Huawei. Comprehensive feature with photo sliders.

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    Looks like it's paired with huavey headphones am 61. Is that all?

Not sure i understand. Its paired with the free Bose as well eventually.
    I dont think ive ever used a pair of ‘comes with phone’ headphones, tend to pick my headphones carefully.

Harvey Norman pre-orders open for 899 but no mention of headphones.

Not sure i understand. Its paired with the free Bose as well eventually.
    I dont think ive ever used a pair of ‘comes with phone’ headphones, tend to pick my headphones carefully.

I thought it's pretty straight forward :

HUAWEI P20 Pro Smartphone (15,5 cm (6,1 Zoll), 40/20/8 MP Leica Triple Kamera, 128GB interner Speicher, 6GB RAM, Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1) Schwarz + gratis AM61 Headset [Exklusiv bei Amazon] - Deutsche Version

I thought it's pretty straight forward :

HUAWEI P20 Pro Smartphone (15,5 cm (6,1 Zoll), 40/20/8 MP Leica Triple Kamera, 128GB interner Speicher, 6GB RAM, Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1) Schwarz + gratis AM61 Headset [Exklusiv bei Amazon] - Deutsche Version

Not really. No idea what you're asking is kinda why I asked you to clarify.

Does it come with anything else apart from mentioned headset above and free QC? Is that the question?
    A box and lots of moulded plastic probably.

Not really. No idea what you're asking is kinda why I asked you to clarify.

Does it come with anything else apart from mentioned headset above and free QC? Is that the question?
    A box and lots of moulded plastic probably.

Thought you could help to spot free Bose headphones included on amazon.de

Thought you could help to spot free Bose headphones included on amazon.de

You mean this? Took two seconds
    https://www.amazon.de/adlp/p20promotion

Great stuff, thank you !

Pitty twilight color phones are not eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Unable to translate the page since its a picture.

Does that mean the Bose headphones will be shipped with the phone?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Unable to translate the page since its a picture.

Does that mean the Bose headphones will be shipped with the phone?

You need to register online with imei number first and then when this is confirmed the headphones shipped.

You will need phone first to register, and I assume you'll need a German address.

Look at the terms and conditions on the UK website as they are probable similar.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Vodafone: Reps
    Morning all,

We can confirm that the offer will be on display on our sites until all 50 orders have been placed. This means that if you are able to view the offer details, you are able to order the phone and be entitled to the free pair of headphones.

Thanks,
    Ailis

For anyone who didnt see the Vodafone forum.

Advertisement