Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-10-2017, 09:32   #76
bittihuduga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.
i use smartdnsproxy and its back working now for US content
bittihuduga is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 09:48   #77
Mrcaramelchoc
Registered User
 
Mrcaramelchoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,070
just taking this as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjOK2OUlos

im open to correction on any of this.

roughly 42 euros for vpn for two years.

mexican netflix is the cheapest at 9 euros for premium so for two years its 216 + 42 is 258 and that works out at 10.75 a month for premiuim.

14 euros a month here.

it is saving of sorts, but will the vpn stay working?can netflix block it? will it cause other problems along the way?

i would be slow to do it i have to say unless someone can tell me otherwise.
Mrcaramelchoc is offline  
30-10-2017, 10:46   #78
Johnny Dogs
Bannned
 
Johnny Dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6,295
I signed up for the 4 screen 4k Mexican one.

3 spaces left as my dad etc already are signed up.

Costing me mx 199 a month. /+/- 8.95€.

9 x 12 = 108 ÷ 4 = €27 each per month for 13 months.

First 3 pms will secure a profile.


Edit these are all gone now.

Last edited by Johnny Dogs; 30-10-2017 at 22:38.
Johnny Dogs is offline  
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 10:53   #79
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcaramelchoc View Post
just taking this as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjOK2OUlos

im open to correction on any of this.

roughly 42 euros for vpn for two years.

mexican netflix is the cheapest at 9 euros for premium so for two years its 216 + 42 is 258 and that works out at 10.75 a month for premiuim.

14 euros a month here.

it is saving of sorts, but will the vpn stay working?can netflix block it? will it cause other problems along the way?

i would be slow to do it i have to say unless someone can tell me otherwise.
Netflix are fairly on the ball with blocking VPN use, it's a game of catch and mouse and they will usually always win. If you do find a VPN that works for Netflix content, it will soon get blocked. Also, a lot of the cheaper VPNs don't refresh their IPs, so once its blocked on Netflix, iPlayer etc it's useless.

However for the purpose of cheap billing, you only need to use a Mexican (in this case) VPN once to log onto the Netflix web page, not actually to watch any geo blocked content. Once you've signed up, you would just use Netflix as normal for whatever country your in, eg Ireland. So no need to buy a 2 year VPN sub as you only need to use the VPN once to sign up.
Mr.S is offline  
30-10-2017, 12:21   #80
Snake Plisken
Registered User
 
Snake Plisken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Netflix are fairly on the ball with blocking VPN use, it's a game of catch and mouse and they will usually always win. If you do find a VPN that works for Netflix content, it will soon get blocked. Also, a lot of the cheaper VPNs don't refresh their IPs, so once its blocked on Netflix, iPlayer etc it's useless.

However for the purpose of cheap billing, you only need to use a Mexican (in this case) VPN once to log onto the Netflix web page, not actually to watch any geo blocked content. Once you've signed up, you would just use Netflix as normal for whatever country your in, eg Ireland. So no need to buy a 2 year VPN sub as you only need to use the VPN once to sign up.
Any recommendations for a trial vpn that has Mexico servers?
Snake Plisken is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 12:33   #81
autumnalcore
Registered User
 
autumnalcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
Any recommendations for a trial vpn that has Mexico servers?
Windscribe
autumnalcore is offline  
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 13:39   #82
studdlymurphy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnalcore
Windscribe
Need to upgrade for mexico
studdlymurphy is offline  
30-10-2017, 13:58   #83
SOPHIE THE DOG
Registered User
 
SOPHIE THE DOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 86
HOLA worked fine for me last night
SOPHIE THE DOG is offline  
30-10-2017, 14:12   #84
Mrcaramelchoc
Registered User
 
Mrcaramelchoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPHIE THE DOG View Post
HOLA worked fine for me last night
what exactly did it do?get you usa netflix?

i think somebody in here said hola was a bit dodgy is that the case?
Mrcaramelchoc is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 14:21   #85
SOPHIE THE DOG
Registered User
 
SOPHIE THE DOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 86
HOLA has a Mexican server - so you can sign up with Netflix Mexico.
No idea how safe it is.
Its a Chrome add-on - so make you own mind up and proceed as you see fit.
How you get Netflix USA is beyond me.
SOPHIE THE DOG is offline  
30-10-2017, 14:24   #86
blacknight83
Registered User
 
blacknight83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 178
Any hassle using an Irish credit card if doing the sign up via vpn?
blacknight83 is offline  
30-10-2017, 14:26   #87
SOPHIE THE DOG
Registered User
 
SOPHIE THE DOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 86
I used a REVOLUT card
SOPHIE THE DOG is offline  
30-10-2017, 14:38   #88
glasso
Banned
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnalcore View Post
Windscribe
windsribe doesn't work for me for getting other country content for netflix - are you planning to /did sign up and then just use the Irish content?
glasso is offline  
30-10-2017, 14:48   #89
Basil3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
windsribe doesn't work for me for getting other country content for netflix - are you planning to /did sign up and then just use the Irish content?
That's the whole point of this thread. Netflix don't allow using VPN's to access content from outside your region. If you want to do that, you might as well just use an android box and watch anything you want.
Basil3 is offline  
30-10-2017, 15:33   #90
EagererBeaver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittihuduga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.
i use smartdnsproxy and its back working now for US content
I use this too. This is changing DNS settings though, not VPN.
EagererBeaver is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet