Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-08-2019, 22:47   #751
CoDMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltex View Post
Just signed contracts on a G type and will be facing the new Airlie Park. I did have a deposit on one of the big houses in Somerton..but just felt the price didn't make a whole lot of sense, so cancelled it. I was a little hesitant about Shackleton to begin with...but as it developed I was very impressed.
Did builders give completion date on houses surrounding the park?
Advertisement
04-02-2020, 17:06   #752
tolow

Hi,

How are people finding it here? How is the commute into the city centre from here?
05-02-2020, 22:44   #753
DaveyDave

Hi all,

I've seen one or two posts mention the management rules and a few said there was no clause for no washing line, can anyone tell me if phase 1 of Shackleton has any clauses for no sky dish, no external devices, no washing line out the back etc.

I'd like a sky dish, if they just mean not at the front then grand I understand that. But no CCTV, no doorbell cam? That's a bit crap.

Also no sign of the 25 being brought down to the bus stop space at the entrance to Shackleton, and it's been two years?

Last edited by DaveyDave; 05-02-2020 at 22:54.
05-02-2020, 22:57   #754
5uspect

There’s plenty of houses with sky dishes and doorbell cameras. Takes all of five minutes to walk around the place to see them.
06-02-2020, 13:30   #755
DaveyDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5uspect View Post
There’s plenty of houses with sky dishes and doorbell cameras. Takes all of five minutes to walk around the place to see them.
Drove down and had a look and you're right, saw a few sky dishes and CCTV. My only concern is being pulled up on it having knowingly signed an agreement.

One thing that was interesting was the agreement says people can come into the property without notice to do emergency work if necessary, probably wouldn't apply to the houses but I don't think anyone would have keys to someone's house?
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 20:56   #756
5uspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyDave View Post
Drove down and had a look and you're right, saw a few sky dishes and CCTV. My only concern is being pulled up on it having knowingly signed an agreement.

One thing that was interesting was the agreement says people can come into the property without notice to do emergency work if necessary, probably wouldn't apply to the houses but I don't think anyone would have keys to someone's house?

Pulled up on what? It’s your house, the company works for you. Why not just contact the management company and ask them? No one has keys to our house.

It’s a nice quiet housing estate. The management company is grand. Traffic can be ****e in the mornings and 25X can be crowded but since it starts a 5 minute walk away you’re going to get a seat. Check the timetable for times to the city.

I cycle to work so I get to D4 in an hour. It’s faster than the bus or driving.
06-02-2020, 20:57   #757
izzyflusky

I think most people at this stage have CCTV in the estate or a camera bell.

I don't recall reading the walking into the house bit when we signed back in 2018 so I don't think it was part of it but I don't think they keep the keys. Anytime we needed them to come back for something we would agree on a time and if there wasn't anybody home for whatever reason they would ring and come back. It's private property. Even when it was something to do with the garden they would request access and permission beforehand if we weren't going to be home (so we'd leave the side gate unlocked)
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 22:24   #758
5uspect

It’s important here to distinguish between Cairn Homes aftercare and the management company.

The management company is responsible for upkeep of the green spaces in the finished phases, bin collection, organising residents etc. They put on a good summer party last year and have been very communicative.

Cairn give you 12 months cover on pretty much anything to do with the house (including their landscapers SAP who are a bit ****). Cairn however have been excellent, we had a few minor plumbing issues and they’ve all been fixed the next day. They also ensured SAP came back and did our garden properly. I’ve been very happy with their professionalism TBH.
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 08:21   #759
izzyflusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5uspect View Post
It’s important here to distinguish between Cairn Homes aftercare and the management company.

The management company is responsible for upkeep of the green spaces in the finished phases, bin collection, organising residents etc. They put on a good summer party last year and have been very communicative.

Cairn give you 12 months cover on pretty much anything to do with the house (including their landscapers SAP who are a bit ****). Cairn however have been excellent, we had a few minor plumbing issues and they’ve all been fixed the next day. They also ensured SAP came back and did our garden properly. I’ve been very happy with their professionalism TBH.
True, I'm mixing them up!

Still for the concerned person, I really don't remember that clause and see how it would hold up anyway in a private property.

Other than that, nothing stopping you on changing locks of it concerns you I guess.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 16:21   #760
DaveyDave

Thanks for the replies folks, just caught me off guard with how specific some of the rules are.

Looking forward to signing the contract. We saw some other 3 bed houses but we fell in love with Shackleton right away. I've lived in various houses around Lucan over the years and there was always something in the room shape/size that were poor. I feel the layout of the rooms, staircase etc is well thought out and the room sizes are good. Hallwell for example, while a lovely house, I felt the kitchen and downstairs toilet were far too big and the smallest bedroom felt smaller. Not sure if Shackleton box bedroom is any bigger but the longer shape suits for an office.

Last edited by DaveyDave; 07-02-2020 at 20:14.
Thanks from:
09-02-2020, 13:50   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyDave View Post
Hi all,

I'd like a sky dish, if they just mean not at the front then grand I understand that. But no CCTV, no doorbell cam? That's a bit crap.
Erecting a satellite dish on the front of a house in Ireland requires planning permission. Not many people know this and it's not widely enforced, but you can be brought to court for doing so.

Last edited by frustrated_; 10-02-2020 at 14:48.
27-02-2020, 02:08   #762
MaverickT

Could someone advise me on the houses in Shackleton manor which are facing Airlie park? I liked the floor plan of F and G type but not sure if buying a house facing Airlie park would be a nice idea. I heard it's public park but main focus on Sports so actually it is not just a park.
Any idea if there would be fences around the park? What are the cons if we take house facing Airlie park?
27-02-2020, 02:12   #763
MaverickT

Could someone advise me on the houses in Shackleton manor which are facing Airlie park? I liked the floor plan of F and G type but not sure if buying a house facing Airlie park would be a nice idea. I heard it's public park but main focus on Sports so actually it is not just a park.
Any idea if there would be fences around the park? What are the cons if we take house facing Airlie park?

There are few C1 and C2 type houses are left in front of social houses, is it safe to buy those houses?
27-02-2020, 02:15   #764
MaverickT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDMW View Post
Did builders give completion date on houses surrounding the park?

F and G type I am aware and those houses are ready to move in?

What are those houses sorrounding park other than F and G type
06-03-2020, 08:35   #765
nordyindublin

For the record the management company rules are legally binding and you signed up to them when you bought your house - any rules introduced by Petra on behalf of the management company are binding (provided they were approved by the management company and not just Petra themselves who are the managing agent - not the management company). It is unfortunately not as simple as saying 'it's my house i can do what i like' when you have literally signed a document to the contrary.

We were told about the Sky Dish in the management company rules document - however my opinion on that is that it is superceded by Cairn wiring the houses for sky and advertising the ability to get sky in the sales particulars and when i spoke to Cairn at the time they actually advised us where to put the sky dish so as not to void the warranty on the house and said she didn't know why Petra were advising no sky dishes. (we didn't end up going with sky as they were useless).

With regard to the ring door bell or CCTV none of that was in my contract so i can't comment however we'll soon be installing both so we'll soon find out!

It is highly unlikely that Petra on behalf of the OMC will clamp down on the sky dishes - if you are genuinely concerned raise it in advance of the next AGM and ask for a vote that sky dishes be allowed.

Hope this helps!

PS i've been i shackleton crescent for 2 years - it's a class place to live a and quiet street we've had no problems - you will always get a seat on the bus as you're the first stop (that may change with the new bus connects and the proposed route from adamstown station). The traffic is bad but nothing worse than other areas outside of the M50 - if i leave the house at 6.45 i can be in clonnskeagh for 7.30 - i left this morning at 7.10 and was at my desk for 8.20.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion