With scoring very close after November, a month when most of the leaders drew on the previous months to find a better score in the all but two format, here's the last contest of 2016 ...
1. Predict the IMT (Irish mean temperature, an average for five stations, Casement, Claremorris, Mullingar, Oak Park and Shannon). The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 5.4 C.
2. Predict the MAX, the highest daily maximum at any reporting station as confirmed at end of month in the Monthly Summary.
3. Predict the MIN, the lowest daily minimum at any reporting station as confirmed at end of month in the Monthly Summary.
4. Predict the PRC, the average rainfall expressed as percentage of normal at the eleven stations we normally use, which include the five mentioned for IMT and also Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Malin Head, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia.
5. Predict the SUN, the total sunshine expressed as a percentage of normal at the six stations used (Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Valentia).
6. For the BONUS question, our traditional prediction of MAX and MIN on Christmas Day at Dub (A) but a slight change to the snow 3 point super-bonus, will it snow at any location among the 25 regular reporting stations on the met.ie website, and this will include 24 as well as 25 Dec. If you get this right on Yes or No, it's worth 2 points for yes verifying, a correct location is worth 1 more point, but no locations will bring in the "No" scores at 3.
Deadline for entries will be 0300h Thursday 1st of December, with 1 point deductions for every 3h late to 1500h Friday 2nd, after which penalties are 1 point per hour (in addition to the 12 points accumulated to that time).
You might also want to enter the winter seasonal forecast contest, in its own thread, and the deadline there is a day or two later so you can put that off until Thursday or Friday if you wish.