Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2013, 12:30   #31
overshoot

Nice flick from murphy there in the lead up to the goal

robbed stat from HS
out of glenswillys 3-19, murphy scored 1-5, and was involved in the build up of another 2-8 (so 3-12!)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-10-2013, 12:37   #32
K-9

We really should enjoy him while he's here, he's a once in a generation type player, Martin McHugh in his day is the only one that comes near his talent and influence in my time following the county team.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2013, 01:01   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
We really should enjoy him while he's here, he's a once in a generation type player, Martin McHugh in his day is the only one that comes near his talent and influence in my time following the county team.
Spot on, my father went to the County final, his first game in upteen years, brother was home from abroad, so both went to it....but he could not get over the brilliance of Murphy, had a special word for big Neil too right enough..

As for past players, thought Tony Boyle at his best was a joy to behold as well..
01-11-2013, 14:13   #34
Nidgeweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Tod Umptious View Post
Well there were plenty here telling us that Donegal were a real contender for 2013.
The league relegation is a big problem for Donegal, and the fact that they did better in the league in 2013 than in 2012 matter not a hoot cos they got relegated in 2013
Ulster has become more competitive in 2014, Tyrone will improve, Cavan are beginning to build and will learn a lot from 2013, Monagahn may not learn as much but as defending champs they will be competitive.
So playing against the lesser lights in Div 2 will not be of the same benefit to Donegal as playing Div 1 would be when they get to the summer.
That being said they could be a Semi Final team come August depending how draws go etc
Jimmy's commitment to Celtic and his new back room team will have a big baring on how they get on.
Disagree. Cavan will be out first round imo.
03-11-2013, 23:10   #35
overshoot

didnt get to it... was at the FAI cup final but great result for Glenswilly today beating St. Galls. Roslea Shamrocks next up on November 17th, away that weekend tho too, club championship hasnt fallen well for me at all this year

haha just found St Gall's set sights on Uslter crown
first hurdle

Last edited by overshoot; 03-11-2013 at 23:25.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2013, 22:55   #36
Nidgeweasel

Will the Quigleys be back for Roslea? Glenswilly have a real chance of getting to the final. The standard in Fermanagh is poor.
08-11-2013, 11:01   #37
overshoot

Donegal have been asked to explain their controversial club fixtures schedule with the GAA's powers that be.

Not a fan of postponing all matches until after the championship, i dont see why we are being pulled up on it though, other counties have been doing it for years.
08-11-2013, 12:07   #38
K-9

Don't know why McGuinness is getting stick for it either, my understanding was the proposal was to play 2 club championship games first, the decision to defer all games came with the backing of the clubs.
Thanks from:
08-11-2013, 17:33   #39
overshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
Don't know why McGuinness is getting stick for it either, my understanding was the proposal was to play 2 club championship games first, the decision to defer all games came with the backing of the clubs.
yea thought that was a better idea for the players (all around)
clubs didnt want it tho as the bottom falls out of everything else if they are out of the championship.
it hurts the other junior/intermediate teams tho as the stronger clubs field nearer their first teams in the smaller competitions to give players run outs while they wait on the big one
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2013, 10:55   #40
TheBigGreen

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=204679

Sounds very dodgy to me.

An inside job?
23-11-2013, 01:47   #41
Nidgeweasel

An truth in the rumours that wee Grace the outgoing treasurer has been seen about the town wearing a fur coat and a crown?
23-11-2013, 22:02   #42
harpsman

Anyone headin too club final to support Glenswilly?
23-11-2013, 22:22   #43
overshoot

should be, have missed the last 2 games for various things & healy park isnt far!

i reckon ballinderry gives them a better shot than kilcoo or a full strength Cross would have, so hopefully we can land our second ulster club crown!
definitely going to be the toughest match for them by far though...
12-01-2014, 17:22   #44
harpsman

Good comeback today in armagh. Obviously reading nothing into mckenna cup but still prefer winnin. Banty on radio after bit worried that hes playin his big guns this early. Young mcnialis q impressive by sounds of things
12-01-2014, 20:03   #45
Nidgeweasel

Banty is a blubbering idiot. It's a fitness exercise. No more no less.

I felt MacNiallas done well last week also. Got about the place well, he's probaly more dynamic than Rory Kav and certainly more so than Big Neil, although those two are without doubt our first choice when fit.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion