Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2013, 08:31   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_syco View Post
Will the demo beta be only for those who purchased it, or for everyone?
For Premium players, those who bought Medal of Honor Warfighter and those who preordered a digital copy (PC).

If you don't qualify for today then you have to wait till Friday.
Advertisement
01-10-2013, 09:09   #32

Going to have a quick game
01-10-2013, 09:20   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
Going to have a quick game
AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH YA FECKER!!!!!!!!! Report back soldier asap as to what it's like!!!!!!!
01-10-2013, 10:05   #34
Ciano35

Ah ffs mine keeps crashing to desktop when the loading screen finishes
01-10-2013, 10:14   #35
Pixelbastardo

Played a match just now. Getting over 40fps on medium/high. But the stutter and lag are brutal on a 40ms ping server. and 20 mins into the game and i get a strong smell of burning from the side of my lappy. The same lappy that runs bf3 on high just fine.. im gonna wait for this on ps4 i think ^^ bf3 ylod'ed my ps3 years ago, im wary of dices coding skills with these betas. ill wait for the finished product.
Advertisement
01-10-2013, 10:18   #36
MajesticDonkey

I've said it before and I'll say it again...laptops ain't meant for gaming, no matter how good you think it runs.
01-10-2013, 10:32   #37
Akrasia

Has anyone has a go of this on the XBOX 360 yet?
01-10-2013, 10:43   #38
the_syco

Can you attach C4 to yourself? Other people? Side of buildings?
01-10-2013, 10:59   #39
jonski

Played it on my amd 955 & ati 7870 and it plays fine , I only played a quick game and thought it might seem a bit CODish , as in maybe a bit faster than BF but that might just be me , I need to play it some more .
Advertisement
01-10-2013, 11:05   #40
mozattack

What about this....

Get C4

Go to C building

Go up elevator.

Get out.

Put C4 on floor.

Sit

Wait

BOOM

Rinse and repeat....
01-10-2013, 11:11   #41
Pixelbastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticDonkey View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again...laptops ain't meant for gaming, no matter how good you think it runs.
Id agree with you if it was afew years ago.
My lappy has handled every game iv thrown at it since iv got it in january. I know from personal experience that your exaggerating big time.

Games iv played through with this lappy this year so afar worth mentioning.
- BF3
- xcom enemy unknown
- Metro 2033
- Metro last light
- Max payne 3
- Farcry blood dragon
- Dead island riptide
- Bioshock infinite
- Outlast
- Dayz

and abunch of other less demanding games not worth mentioning due to easy performance.
Thanks from:
01-10-2013, 11:16   #42
Lucutus

Send a message via ICQ to Lucutus
Played a couple of minutes this morning. A shinier than usual beta, plays just like... Battlefield.

No complaints, till I get a few hours on it this evening at least.
01-10-2013, 11:20   #43
MajesticDonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelbastardo View Post
I know from personal experience that your exaggerating big time.

I still hold my opinion firm. Laptops simply don't have the same power as a desktop (of the same value), and heat dissipation is a major problem.
01-10-2013, 11:22   #44
SearrarD

I have played it for an hour before work.

Battlefield 4 Beta: First Impressions

I have an overclocked i5 760, 8Gb fast RAM, and a 2Gb HD6950 overclocked, all on Windows 8.
Playing on 1080p, 120Hz, all setting on high, SBAO

Average FPS in the open or in combat 32-40
Average FPS indoors and alone 38 - 50

GPU is at 100%, Graphics memory used is 1000Mb -1200Mb. I am not using the new 13.10 Beta as people are expierencing problems with it. MSI afterburner's OSD does not work with x64 games so I had to use the console command and I couldnt record video

Perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Its a buggy mess, now I know its beta but to be far DICE do not have the best track record for optmising their games, beta or not. I'm not holding out for a miracle day one 60fps+ release. I am certainly not buying a new PC\CPU

The Map looks ok, aesthetically I am not a fan of the grey/beige of poured concrete, the map is very good in a technical sense. DICE have tried to bring more options to the Control Points with regards attacking and defending. It looks and feels 'meaty' like Battlefield 3: Aftermath as opposed to Seine Crossing. The levolution is not the same as Bad Company 2, this is more BF3+. I had two games and I didnt see much destruction for the gameplay. I know the tower came down once but it is not as frantic as Bad Company 2's "Oh ****, the east wall of my house just exploded!" The Map is very big and I think that you can spawn into any vehicle that is not full which gives more choice as you help a lone wolf on a jet ski take risky Control point.

I played as Support for an hour and it was very fun, the U-100 MK5 is a nice weapon and feels great. The XM25 AIRBURST is ****ing amazing, 11 damage to a tank, 22 to a APC\Jeep hybrid, and it pinged a few transport choppers and it scared them away.

Quote:
XM25 AIRBURST
Fires 25mm grenades that can explode mid-flight creating an airburst effect to eliminate targets behind cover. Aiming down the sights at a cover will lock in that distance, allowing the grenade to explode in the air 3 meters past the cover.
My ammo pack didnt replenish the ammo of the XM25 but there maybe a better ammo pack or set up for replenishing explosives.

There was no "Bad Luck" deaths but there was some serious issues with interp and the network smoothing factor is at 50% as standard, I'll have to play around with that.

The Sound settings were set to surround sound as default and in the Video options the Motion Blur was on ... ughh. The FOV control allows for some serious tweaking, if the numbers mean what I think they mean.

Now you can "Insert Trash Talk" and "Insert Whine" at the score screen at the end of the game, yes you have 30 seconds to type chat while you check your K ratio.

I think in-game VOIP is back, which is nice

There was no speed leveling like the BF3 beta, I couldnt advance my Support.

Thats about it, It doesnt have the WOW factor that I got when playing the Bad Company 2 Pipeline? Beta or the BF3 Caspian Border Beta, but its shaping up to be a good game. I might pre-order but I'll check out Titanfall before I bling myself with BF4 Premium
01-10-2013, 11:42   #45
Pixelbastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticDonkey View Post

I still hold my opinion firm. Laptops simply don't have the same power as a desktop (of the same value), and heat dissipation is a major problem.
I never said lappys are more powerful, but to say there no good for gaming is false.

Value ?, well lappys are more expensive due to the mobility and size.
Desktops outperforming a laptop is nothing new, but thats not to say you cant buy a powerful laptop for gaming. And just because a laptop doesnt have the same power as a desktop, doesnt mean you cant game on one.

A formula 1 car would destroy a 911 in a race, but thats not to say a 911 cant race.

Heat is the number one problem with a laptop, specially on a hot summers evening. but if its a descent build with good cooling, any problems will be few and far between.

My biggest complaint with laptop gaming is the screen, never seems to be as good as a monitor.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion