Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2018, 08:12   #3916
gimli2112

playing a lot of different games at the moment, put this on the other day, it's such an emotional investment. playing rush solo last night and getting steamrolled, lost 6 terminals. then the hive mind kicked in and collectively my team took a stand, game's freaking awesome.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2018, 08:46   #3917
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli2112 View Post
playing a lot of different games at the moment, put this on the other day, it's such an emotional investment. playing rush solo last night and getting steamrolled, lost 6 terminals. then the hive mind kicked in and collectively my team took a stand, game's freaking awesome.
Aye,

was fluting around at the weekend and didn't really have any plans to play anything in particular, said I'd fire this up for a look to see how many were still playing. hopped into a nearly full server on Caspian Border and had a great 45 minutes with the entire game coming down to only a few tickets. It really turned out to be one of the best battlefield games in the end.
Thanks from:
14-05-2018, 08:50   #3918
gimli2112

had no trouble getting games, only thing is Metro seems to be gone from my system, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
I used to love COD and what made me leave it was how they let each instalment get hacked after around 9 months, you can't go back to the old games anymore. In fairness to the developers here you can still enjoy the older titles, on console anyway, not sure what PC is like.
14-05-2018, 08:53   #3919
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
had no trouble getting games, only thing is Metro seems to be gone from my system, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
I used to love COD and what made me leave it was how they let each instalment get hacked after around 9 months, you can't go back to the old games anymore. In fairness to the developers here you can still enjoy the older titles, on console anyway, not sure what PC is like.
I see jackfrags had a recent video up on youtube playing on one of the china rising maps, and he commented that theres still plenty servers active. Its hard enough to get a game on many of the DLC maps on XB1 anyway. Personally, while BF1, is a fine game, theres just something about it that doesn't do it for me, I much prefer the modern setting.
14-05-2018, 08:57   #3920
gimli2112

Battlefield 1 may be the best looking game I have but I agree I much prefer the modern setting, there's just so much going on in BF4
Advertisement
14-05-2018, 12:03   #3921
Korvanica

Send a message via MSN to Korvanica
I'm in the same boat on the setting - much prefer modern. There's so much more to do in terms of vehicles, gadgets and weapons.

I liked BF1 but got bored of it quite quickly, still playing BF4.
14-05-2018, 12:10   #3922
gimli2112

In one game yesterday I was a medic, support and engineer, kept switching every time I died, couldn't settle on what I wanted to be. All worthwhile at the end when an armoured car crashed through a wall and fortunately I had an RPG.
14-05-2018, 12:49   #3923
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
In one game yesterday I was a medic, support and engineer, kept switching every time I died, couldn't settle on what I wanted to be. All worthwhile at the end when an armoured car crashed through a wall and fortunately I had an RPG.
Theres an amazing sense of satisfaction on getting 3 c4's planted on a tank or APC and getting a squad wipe. regardless of whether or not I died as well - Worth it!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion