Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-03-2012, 16:09   #31
rpurfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Archer View Post
It's been a long time since I've been so lethargic heading to an away game. If I'd been to Omagh before I probably wouldn't go. Can't see us getting anything out of this meaning the game against Louth will decide whether we stay up or go down.
yeah not going myself cos the missus is working this evening and i dont want to stick my mother with the kids when she minds them all week but ive no confidence in them at all going up there now, tyrone are flying this year.our only hope is they rest a few now theyve qualified for the final!
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 21:44   #32
thewildcat

your lucky you picked to stay home they were beat home division 3 next year
24-03-2012, 23:09   #33
Hammer Archer

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Sick of these performances. Not one player even tried out there today. They were beaten as soon as the ball was thrown in. I was disappointed with the first half display but put it down to playing against what was a very strong breeze. But two points in the second showed that the players couldn't have been less bothered.
The horrible thing is that a 10 point loss was actually flattering for us. Tyrone kicked a huge amount of wides and basically just passed the ball around for the last 15 minutes. It was a training match for Tyrone in the end. Haven't been this embarrassed about a Meath performance since the Limerick game in 2008.

Though I have to say I love going to games up north. Northern fans are almost always the most friendly and welcoming. They even played 'Beautiful County of Meath' before the game.
25-03-2012, 04:54   #34
ILOVEBLATHNAID

Haha Meath are ****e !!!!!!!!!!!!
25-03-2012, 08:51   #35
Frank Spencer

After hearing what type of training the Meath players are doing it's coming as no surprise that they are struggling. Pretty unorthodox stuff and it seems to be causing dissension in the camp. The players are losing belief.
Advertisement
25-03-2012, 15:01   #36
klong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spencer View Post
After hearing what type of training the Meath players are doing it's coming as no surprise that they are struggling. Pretty unorthodox stuff and it seems to be causing dissension in the camp. The players are losing belief.
What sort of training?
25-03-2012, 16:18   #37
Hammer Archer

Ourselves, Louth, Westmeath and Monaghan all on 4 points going into the last game. Derry on 5 points. Westmeath play Derry and Monaghan play Tyrone in Omagh.
Our points difference means we're top of the quartet on 4 points. Only a win will guarantee safety.
25-03-2012, 18:01   #38
rpurfield

i think the stuff just isnt there, i went against my better judgement last night and got dragged into defending banty on some of them facebook pages last night.now i didnt see the game but its my honest belief that we could have a combination of seanie micko jack oconnor and micky harte over that team and we wouldnt win **** all.

the real blame lies with the county board and their inaction on the underage front over the years.those running the show from the mid 80's till now(pretty much the same people) thought wed always be knocking about at the top.theyd wanna get themselves down to kilkenny or up to tyrone to see what theyve done with their underage structures to ge them to the top of the game.its just bloody sickening lads and to blame banty, or whoever is in charge maybe in a year or two, is taking the eye off the real culprits of our decline
Thanks from:
25-03-2012, 18:16   #39
Frank Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klong View Post
What sort of training?
A player described it as akin to rugby training. These lads have been training since September. Heavy going it is. They didn't see a ball until January.
Advertisement
25-03-2012, 18:51   #40
Hammer Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spencer View Post
A player described it as akin to rugby training. These lads have been training since September. Heavy going it is. They didn't see a ball until January.
Going by some of their attempts at tackling yesterday (and in every game), I wouldn't be surprised.
I cannot understand some of the play against Tyrone. Queeney was started at full forward which I thought would mean there would be high balls played to him with Gilsenan and Ward to pick up any breaks. But Queeney kept coming deeper and deeper and any balls that were played into the full forward line were played into the corners. Then we were surrounded by 3 or 4 Tyrone players and lost the ball. Same thing occurred with Brian Farrell in the second half.

And rpurfield, you're spot on about the county board but unfortunately I don't see the clubs voting any of them out any time soon.
25-03-2012, 19:00   #41
Hammer Archer

In other news, the hurlers are one game away from a league final against Kildare.
Thanks from:
26-03-2012, 01:51   #42
roy rodgers

Quote:
In other news, the hurlers are one game away from a league final against Kildare.
kildare won today 7-30 to 0-07.. clutching straws!!
26-03-2012, 09:44   #43
Hammer Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy rodgers View Post
kildare won today 7-30 to 0-07.. clutching straws!!
How am I clutching straws? If we beat Armagh we're in the league final.
28-03-2012, 21:26   #44
rpurfield

Quote:
And rpurfield, you're spot on about the county board but unfortunately I don't see the clubs voting any of them out any time soon.
yes your spot on there now, well just see a reshuffle of the same faces into new positions as the five year rule comes into force.lets be honest though, im 28 a few years back i was on the pats committee and refereeing games as well as getting to most club and meath games now ive two kids and with the job changing cant get any time off at all as im on shift so im lucky to to get meath games in let alone get down to the club.ya need new blood to come in through club level but a lot of people in my age bracket are like myself too busy with work and paying the bills etc to get involved
29-03-2012, 19:47   #45
CrabRevolution

Meath only lost by 2 points to Kildare in the first round of the hurling league, so should they beat or draw with Armagh they will definitely be capable of matching Kildare in the final.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion