Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-10-2012, 20:26   #1
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,451
Removed ad!!??

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft...r-sale/2085079

Hi why has this ad been withdrawn?? I have bought two separate lots of points from this guy and he is an absolute gent!!

Microsoft points have always been sold here, why has this user been punished??
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
Advertisement
16-10-2012, 20:45   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft...r-sale/2085079

Hi why has this ad been withdrawn?? I have bought two separate lots of points from this guy and he is an absolute gent!!

Microsoft points have always been sold here, why has this user been punished??
The advert has been marked as sold, not removed.
foggy_lad is offline  
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2012, 21:49   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19,748
If you mean why did the seller not respond to your comment well maybe they didn't notice it or maybe they thought as the price was already stated as being €80 for all cards("Will only sell as a bundle.") that someone asking to split was not a serious buyer?

As for why the advert was marked as sold it could be that the cards were sold off adverts or that the offer accepted previously from blacktiger went ahead?
foggy_lad is offline  
16-10-2012, 22:11   #4
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy_lad View Post
The advert has been marked as sold, not removed.
User was told ad had to be withdrawn by mods apparently.. He said he was told message from admin said he couldn't sell Microsoft points on adverts. Is this true? I paid him via bank transfer and didn't get second lot of points yet. Getting anxious now
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
16-10-2012, 22:31   #5
Lazarus2.0
Adverts.ie Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
User was told ad had to be withdrawn by mods apparently.. He said he was told message from admin said he couldn't sell Microsoft points on adverts. Is this true? I paid him via bank transfer and didn't get second lot of points yet. Getting anxious now
If you've concerns about receiving points due to you PM the seller and report the ad if nothing is forthcoming .

Looking at the volume of sales on their ads and the level of off-thread dealing I wouldn't be surprised if admins had called a stop - that's really a matter for the seller to take up though .
Lazarus2.0 is offline  
Advertisement
16-10-2012, 22:49   #6
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus2.0 View Post
If you've concerns about receiving points due to you PM the seller and report the ad if nothing is forthcoming .

Looking at the volume of sales on their ads and the level of off-thread dealing I wouldn't be surprised if admins had called a stop - that's really a matter for the seller to take up though .
Thanks nessy.
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2012, 12:02   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus2.0 View Post
Looking at the volume of sales on their ads and the level of off-thread dealing I wouldn't be surprised if admins had called a stop.
if that was the case, how come this guy gets away with it?

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft...s-live/2021784

prior to this he had been selling xbl subs for months, all "unwanted gifts".

(yes I did report btw)
the groutch is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2012, 12:12   #8
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative
 
Adverts.ie: Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by the groutch View Post
if that was the case, how come this guy gets away with it?

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft...s-live/2021784

prior to this he had been selling xbl subs for months, all "unwanted gifts".

(yes I did report btw)
That has been removed.
Adverts.ie: Eddie is offline  
17-10-2012, 12:36   #9
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,451
Why can't ms points be sold on adverts??
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
Advertisement
17-10-2012, 12:40   #10
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,357
I think it's more a case of if someone's selling in bulk they would want them to set up a merchant account.
and the off-thread dealing makes things less transparent if there was ever to be any issues.
the groutch is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2012, 12:56   #11
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative
 
Adverts.ie: Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
Why can't ms points be sold on adverts??
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the groutch View Post
I think it's more a case of if someone's selling in bulk they would want them to set up a merchant account.
and the off-thread dealing makes things less transparent if there was ever to be any issues.
Adverts.ie: Eddie is offline  
17-10-2012, 12:57   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19,748
Are adverts for Microsoft points still allowed or banned?
foggy_lad is offline  
17-10-2012, 14:21   #13
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative
 
Adverts.ie: Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,240
We are looking at these and form what we can see here on Microsoft's T&C's, they aren't transferable.
Adverts.ie: Eddie is offline  
Thanks from:
17-10-2012, 15:30   #14
muffler
Moderator
 
muffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 36,289
Amazon, The Hut, Zavvi etc etc all sell them. I dont see why they would be a problem on Adverts.
muffler is offline  
17-10-2012, 15:35   #15
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,357
I'd say that's probably more once they've been redeemed, or point bought directly from MS via credit card (to prevent CC fraud).

Imo, if it was the card form that was non-transferrable, in theory I couldnt give one as a birthday/crimbo present, which would be rediculous.

I would agree on not letting people sell just the codes maybe, but if someone has a single physical card they got in a bundle, etc. they should be allowed to sell it.


of course if mods/admins see it differently, fair enough.
the groutch is offline  
Thanks from:
Forum Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet