Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

29-07-2012, 19:22   #1
Lackagh1970

EFlow Tag

Hi, I got the tag for my car as sometimes I dont have change etc on me in the car, what I am wondering is if I have cash on me and I go through the baskets and pay straight away will my tag still be charged??? or is that only charged when you go through the quick flow lane
30-07-2012, 10:50   #2

Hi Lackagh,

The tag is used on the E-Tolling lanes at the toll points. When you approach the E-Toll lane, the toll point detects your car and sends a radio signal. Your tag will then respond and you will usually hear it beep. The barrier lifts and through you go.

If the barrier does not raise, it is perhaps because you are not in an E-Tolling lane. These lanes are clearly marked usually overhead. If your tag is not working, I can look into it for you. Please PM me with your account number/car reg, full name, address and your phone no or e-mail address. Also confirm you are the a/c holder. You may send the same message to my colleagues Una and Ciaran (in case I am off duty).

Hope this helps : )

Regards,

John
30-07-2012, 20:27   #3
Lackagh1970

Thanks John, what I really need to know is, if I pay cash at the basket does eflow still deduct the toll because the tag is on the windscreen
31-07-2012, 10:43   #4

Hi Lackagh,

You are only charged to your tag account if the barrier lifts because of the tag being read. If the barrier lifts because of you paying in cash, your tag account will not be charged.

Regards,
Una

Last edited by eFlow: Una; 31-07-2012 at 11:03.
31-07-2012, 18:55   #5
Lackagh1970

Thanks Una, so I can go through the other lanes and pay cash from time to time if I wish without being charged twice??
01-08-2012, 12:06   #6

Hi Lackagh,

If you wish to pay in cash at toll plazas and not have your tag account charged you would need to remove the tag from the holder and from the vehicle. As mentioned on the NRA (National Roads Authority) website, the below eToll sign is the NRA's official sign for Electronic Toll Collection and is available in all lanes. If you have an electronic tag installed in your vehicle, it will be picked up on these lanes and the charge will register to your tag account.

The only way you could be double charged is if you pay at a barrier after your tag has lifted the barrier for you.

Hope this clears things up

Regards,
Keith
Forum Closed