Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

01-02-2012, 09:39   #1
pengaffe

Solicitors letter

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice?! Last October and November I made 2 journeys both up and back through the m50 toll bridge. On both occasions I attempted to pay at the pay zone, unfortunately inwas told I was too late on both occasions and would have to wait for the bill by post. Now this is fair enough.

However the first bill I received was several weeks later was for €90! To me that means thy I would have had to go through the toll bridge 15 times not 4!
I rang eflow, however the car is in my partners name and they wouldn't discuss it in full with me but said the matter would be looked into.

Yesterday my partner received a court summons from their solicitors! Surely this is completely crazy!
One bill for €90 and suddenly we are in court.!!!! Is there a way to fight this without going as far as court??
01-02-2012, 14:27   #2

Hi pengaffe,

If you would like to PM me, I can look into it for you.

Regards,

Ciaran
02-02-2012, 13:20   #3

PM sent to pengaffe
17-07-2012, 16:22   #4
Footsie2

Hi just got a summons for Sept. In THE HIGH COURT! Re 5 missed €3 toll bridge charges now looking for just under €800 .. What can I expect re: solicitors fees on their part & how long normally given to pay? No defence really other than 3 pretty crappy life changing events & more stress than THE HIGH COURT could contain .. So hit me with it legal eagles Thank you in advance
17-07-2012, 16:35   #5

HI Footsie2

If you would like me to have a look into this for you can you please PM myself(John and Una). Please include the license plate number of the vehicle, and the name and address the vehicle is registered to and confirm you are the vehicle owner.

Standing By,
Ciaran
18-07-2012, 15:02   #6
Footsie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eFlow: Ciaran View Post
HI Footsie2

If you would like me to have a look into this for you can you please PM myself(John and Una). Please include the license plate number of the vehicle, and the name and address the vehicle is registered to and confirm you are the vehicle owner.

Standing By,
Ciaran
Will do Thanks Ciaran!!
24-07-2012, 23:27   #7
shiftkey

Oh Man! I wish I had known about you guys from E-Flow were on Boards.ie
back in February. I had ran up a couple of unpaid tolls from last October and by the time I managed to get a job in January the fines had mounted up. Then I started a new job in January, and the E-Flow solicitors were on my case payment or they else they'd haul my ass to court! I phoned them and their lady rep was very understanding about my predicament and broke the fines down into singles rather than a whole, I think she even halved one fine from €90 to €45. Then she agreed to accept a weekly payment of €20 to €25 p.w. This was gonna be tough for us coz I had been redundant for over two and a half years, but I did have the peace of mind knowing I wasn't going to go to court & end up with a steeper loss. Anyway ( I'm nearly at the end of my tale ) I paid the first couple of instalments over the phone to the girl in the Solicitors office. But on the third instalment of €25, I decided to pay online on the Solicitors website facility. The webpage asked me for my E-Flow account number and my Car-Reg
and then I entered my credit card details and pressed enter. And then I got an Email confirming receipt of my PAYMENT IN FULL OF €839 !!! I had cleared every cent out of my account! I phoned up the Solicitors office at 8,30am the next morning and they told me there was NOTHING they could do. I phoned several more times over the following few days but they just refused to listen to my pleas for mercy. It my wife and I nearly three months of living on a 'sandwich a day' diet to recover from that!
25-07-2012, 01:55   #8
Footsie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftkey View Post
Oh Man! I wish I had known about you guys from E-Flow were on Boards.ie
back in February. I had ran up a couple of unpaid tolls from last October and by the time I managed to get a job in January the fines had mounted up. Then I started a new job in January, and the E-Flow solicitors were on my case payment or they else they'd haul my ass to court! I phoned them and their lady rep was very understanding about my predicament and broke the fines down into singles rather than a whole, I think she even halved one fine from €90 to €45. Then she agreed to accept a weekly payment of €20 to €25 p.w. This was gonna be tough for us coz I had been redundant for over two and a half years, but I did have the peace of mind knowing I wasn't going to go to court & end up with a steeper loss. Anyway ( I'm nearly at the end of my tale ) I paid the first couple of instalments over the phone to the girl in the Solicitors office. But on the third instalment of €25, I decided to pay online on the Solicitors website facility. The webpage asked me for my E-Flow account number and my Car-Reg
and then I entered my credit card details and pressed enter. And then I got an Email confirming receipt of my PAYMENT IN FULL OF €839 !!! I had cleared every cent out of my account! I phoned up the Solicitors office at 8,30am the next morning and they told me there was NOTHING they could do. I phoned several more times over the following few days but they just refused to listen to my pleas for mercy. It my wife and I nearly three months of living on a 'sandwich a day' diet to recover from that!

Jesus don,t start me on credit cards this week!! A nameless bank swallowed money for a hse rental deposit & a cracked crown on me last week! cancelled card 2 days after I lodged chq. From tooth injury.. Sandwiches would be a treat if I had enough teeth! Stuffed is not the word hungry & homeless!! Honestly shiftkey it,s when your down boy do the sharks seem to circle faster & with more intent .. Last week was really the last kick in the 1/2 toothy head .. Anyway no one died .. Only because the the petrol would cost me too much! ..best of luck to you .. May see me in 'A nameless newspaper' yet!! Probably get done for complaining about petrol prices if this is spotted .. Icing on the stale @ the moment cake of my life!

Last edited by Footsie2; 25-07-2012 at 02:07.
Thanks from:
Forum Closed