Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bit of a bad day for New Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's also a New Britain which was also affected by this quake :) (both formerly known as German New Guinea)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

red menace wrote: »

There is also an assurance company in ireland called new ireland! :D

The first time i heard about this place was a few years ago in a magazine. It was in the top 10 most dangerous places on the planet! Typical irish! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

red menace wrote: »

I thought when I saw the title that it was a thread on another insurance company gone bust!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

IIRC the entire area is upon more than 3 tectonic plates. It's just a matter of time before that whole place is destroyed to smithereens. New Ireland is quite literally the tsunami barrier that would prevent substantial damage to the entire country of Papua New Guinea.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

thomasj wrote: »
    There is also an assurance company in ireland called new ireland! :D

The first time i heard about this place was a few years ago in a magazine. It was in the top 10 most dangerous places on the planet! Typical irish! :D

Dangerous in what sense? From natural disasters? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement