Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2019, 21:12   #8086
Mantis Toboggan

Sneaky feeling for Nenagh tomorrow and fancy kilruane in the other. Should be two good games.
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 22:41   #8087
windy shepard henderson

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by digzy View Post
Don’t mean to patronise your post but........
Every autumn there’s talk of the all Ireland winners an ‘dynasties’ and ‘multi year domination’ .
I remember hearing this in 2010 initially regarding tipp, 2013 for Clare, Galway in ‘17, limerick in ‘18...
It’s been a fair while since anyone has done 2 in a row bar the cats.
I’d fancy limerick to be strong again, Galway too if they get it together, cork/Clare have huge potential, Wexford has us beat in the semi and I think Kilkenny are never too far away.
Being objective about it, we weren’t too dominant in the first half against the cats, the semi v Wexford, were awful against limerick, and were deserving winners over cork and gave Clare a pasting.
I think we almost stumbled into finding some our best lineup in the final. Kennedy never played better, while not playing much all year.
Very open championship ahead.
I was actually on about the dynasty of coaching in the county rather then the team itself. Any chance of clare winning a second all ireland was ruined by bad man to man management

Tipperary were fairly rocked by a number of serious incidents that would have set some counties back years but good managed prevailed, and not just by one man running the show but 3 or 4 voices that the players have huge respect fot
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 09:48   #8088
digzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy shepard henderson View Post
I was actually on about the dynasty of coaching in the county rather then the team itself. Any chance of clare winning a second all ireland was ruined by bad man to man management

Tipperary were fairly rocked by a number of serious incidents that would have set some counties back years but good managed prevailed, and not just by one man running the show but 3 or 4 voices that the players have huge respect fot
After sheedy left the team we’re flying until the Dublin semi in 2011, wheels flew off in 2012 and the o Shea era was bar the 2014 final wasn’t great either. The team flopped after we won the 2016 final too....so badly very few saw us delivering last year.
Essentially what I’m saying is that bar Kilkenny, it’s proven no side has dominated year after year. I hope I’m wrong and we do it again next year but will amateur players be able to go back to the well with the same vigour again.....

Looking at other sports continuity of a mgmt team hasn’t resulted in continuity of success.
20-10-2019, 09:50   #8089
klose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Sneaky feeling for Nenagh tomorrow and fancy kilruane in the other. Should be two good games.
15 quid in for a county senior double header it's good value
(2) thanks from:
20-10-2019, 11:53   #8090
Amstel

Quote:
Originally Posted by digzy
Looking at other sports continuity of a mgmt team hasn’t resulted in continuity of success.
Alex Ferguson
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 19:09   #8091
klose

Kiladangan V borriseigh in a fortnight so, kiladangan turned it on for 15 odd minutes in the second half V Nenagh and that was enough to see them over the line. Tight affair in the second game

Last edited by klose; 20-10-2019 at 23:15.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 20:18   #8092
digzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
Alex Ferguson
Steve Mc claren! Ferguson picked moyes
21-10-2019, 09:02   #8093
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post
Kiladangan v Nenagh and Kilruane v Borrisoleigh

Two very difficult games to call, Nenagh I believe were very impressive against Anacarthy but the two games against Clonoulty seemed to have taken alot out of Anacarthy. Shane Hennesy went off with another knee injury and would be a massive massive loss, they already have what I would consider a suspect full back line but to compound that by loosing Hennesy against probably the most prolific forward line in the county right now may prove a step too far, if Kiladangan get enough ball into Seymour, Paul Flynn and Tadgh Gallagher in the big open space of the stadium they should get them over the line - Kiladangan by 4 is my prediction.

Second game is equally tricky to call, Kilruane looked very sharp against Clonouly but I suspect just like Anacarthy - and Clonoulty had another 80 mins plus against Loughmore - they simply ran out of legs, Kilruane will need Niall O'Meara to win his appeal which I believe is supported by video evidence to win this one - to lose O'Meara and Cahill would be a bridge too far. Borrisoleigh had a great win against Drom and what was telling was the contribution of young Devaney in particular and Maher to a lesser extent, Borris need to take the pressure off Brendan Maher and need a few others to step up, so this was encouraging for them. Finding it really hard to seperate these two and alot as I say will depend on Niall O'Meara's availability. On the assumption he will be available I'll say Kilruane by 2.
First game went pretty much as predicted above, of the trio named it was Paul Flynn who did the damage this time.

Second game was a dour affair and the main difference was Conor Kenny steped up and dragged Borris over the line.

Semi finals are rarely an accurate barometer for the finals but based on yesterday and the year as a whole, Kiladangan should win their first ever county final. They also had a huge win in the Intermediate Semi and will have two senior teams next year, an incredible achievement for a rural club.
21-10-2019, 09:39   #8094
klose

Yeah Connor Kenny was the difference alright I thought the name sounded familiar and he was indeed involved at intercounty level a few years back.

Think if kiladangan play like they did second half yesterday they will win the County but obviously all depends on the day.
Advertisement
21-10-2019, 09:58   #8095
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by klose View Post
Yeah Connor Kenny was the difference alright I thought the name sounded familiar and he was indeed involved at intercounty level a few years back.

Think if kiladangan play like they did second half yesterday they will win the County but obviously all depends on the day.
Yeah himself and his brother transferred from Kildare a few years back - he is a serious man to win primary possession, but ultimately for county level his hurling is way too slow.
21-10-2019, 11:19   #8096
Rasputin11

What went on with Cian Darcy at half time yesterday? Bizarre situation
21-10-2019, 11:26   #8097
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin11 View Post
What went on with Cian Darcy at half time yesterday? Bizarre situation
Got sick coming out of the tunnel for the second half, filled him up with sports drinks and he felt fine again.
22-10-2019, 19:40   #8098
The Lost Sheep

Donogh Maher announced retirement from inter county
(3) thanks from:
22-10-2019, 22:24   #8099
tipp_Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
Donogh Maher announced retirement from inter county
Good he held on for his medal anyway. Great servant to Tipp hurling. Didn't always start but similar to Foxy O'Brien he offered great competition to the other corner backs over the years. Best of luck to him.
23-10-2019, 12:06   #8100
Mantis Toboggan

Quinlivan obviously a big loss for Tipp next season. Having said that there's no reason why we can't go and win a senior B next year provided we can stay in Division 3.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion