Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No claims bonus verification

• 19-10-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I've recently insured a car with Liberty Insurance.
    I've sent the No claims bonus proof from my previous insurance, from Italian insurer Verti.
    They have even been able to provide it in English and that's what I've sent.

Now Liberty Insurance claims to have been unable to verify the no claims bonus and is asking for an additional ~2400€.
    My understanding is that they want an email reply from my previous insurer, which is silly seeing as they already provided proof in authenticated company headed paper.

I've reached out to Verti but they seem as baffled about this request as I am, and given they don't have a process in place for such bizarre requests they aren't sure they'll be able to comply.

What are my options here?

My premium also just went up an INSANE 250% while the No claims bonus discount from the original quote
    only amounted to ~1100€ (still an 80% increase).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

andfagiani wrote: »
    Hi,

I've sent the No claims bonus proof from my previous insurance, from Italian insurer Verti.

Now Liberty Insurance claims to have been unable to verify the no claims bonus and is asking for an additional ~2400€.
    My understanding is that they want an email reply from my previous insurer, which is silly seeing as they already provided proof in authenticated company headed paper.

I've reached out to Verti but they seem as baffled about this request as I am, and given they don't have a process in place for such bizarre requests they aren't sure they'll be able to comply.

My premium also just went up an INSANE 250% while the No claims bonus discount from the original quote

Thanks,
    Andrea
    Hi Andrea,

Could you PM me with your policy number and we will look into this.

Thanks Una

• Company Representative Posts: 19 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kim

andfagiani wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Andrea
    Hi Andrea, can you directly message me you policy number so I can investigate this for you? Kim

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andfagiani

All sorted, special thanks to Una for the support provided.

Andrea

Advertisement