Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2019, 09:06   #5986
Hammer Archer

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Think Kildalkey left it behind them last time. 5 points up with 3 minutes to go and against 14 men and they still needed a last minute point to force a replay. I think Kiltale have more scope to improve on Sunday and will make it 6 in a row.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 20:39   #5987
Hammer Archer

Ratoath beat Kilbride 2-15 to 1-9 in the Junior B final.
Clann na nGael beat Maynooth 4-17 to 1-10 in the Leinster JHC preliminary round. They'll play Cullion of Westmeath in the quarter final.
Thanks from:
19-10-2019, 20:58   #5988
dobman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Archer View Post
Ratoath beat Kilbride 2-15 to 1-9 in the Junior B final.
Clann na nGael beat Maynooth 4-17 to 1-10 in the Leinster JHC preliminary round. They'll play Cullion of Westmeath in the quarter final.
Back to back championships for that team after winning the C last year.
20-10-2019, 11:50   #5989
Hammer Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
Back to back championships for that team after winning the C last year.
Yeah to be fair, it was a bit bad for a senior teams second team to be in junior C. There was a good bit of commitment issues for a while that resulted in them going down from junior B to C (after getting in the junior B final to Clonard in 2011). Be interesting how the reserve championship pans out next season. Regardless of losing yesterday, it'll do Kilbride the world of good to play against higher quality opposition next year.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 12:00   #5990
dobman88

Quote:
Yeah to be fair, it was a bit bad for a senior teams second team to be in junior C. There was a good bit of commitment issues for a while that resulted in them going down from junior B to C (after getting in the junior B final to Clonard in 2011). Be interesting how the reserve championship pans out next season. Regardless of losing yesterday, it'll do Kilbride the world of good to play against higher quality opposition next year.
Speaking of the new structures, can you explain it to me? I play for DonAsh junior side since moving here and this new structure seems like it's going to kill teams like that or am I totally wrong? I just want to play ball before I finish up and have no interest in playing for a senior team. Is it the end of 3rd and 4th teams for clubs?
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 16:29   #5991
Hammer Archer

Quote:
Think Kildalkey left it behind them last time. 5 points up with 3 minutes to go and against 14 men and they still needed a last minute point to force a replay. I think Kiltale have more scope to improve on Sunday and will make it 6 in a row.
Shows how much I know. Kiltale hammered 1-17 to 0-11, only scored 3 points in the second half.
Excellent performance by Kildalkey and fully deserved.
(2) thanks from:
20-10-2019, 16:31   #5992
Hammer Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
Speaking of the new structures, can you explain it to me? I play for DonAsh junior side since moving here and this new structure seems like it's going to kill teams like that or am I totally wrong? I just want to play ball before I finish up and have no interest in playing for a senior team. Is it the end of 3rd and 4th teams for clubs?
I'm pretty sure there's still going to be third and fourth teams. Not entirely sure how it's going to work though.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 20:52   #5993
Littlehorny

Quote:
Shows how much I know. Kiltale hammered 1-17 to 0-11, only scored 3 points in the second half.
Excellent performance by Kildalkey and fully deserved.
So happy to read of this result today, my Dad comes from and played for Kildalkey. Couldn't make it to the game but will ring him tomorrow.
There will be some session in the Village for the next few days
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 09:27   #5994
rpurfield

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there's still going to be third and fourth teams. Not entirely sure how it's going to work though.
My understanding of the Premier Junior is it will be second teams of Senior clubs. Don/Ash, Dunboyne and Group C of this year's Junior A. I'm not sure if it means clubs second teams operating at Junior B and below come up to it though. I can't see it affecting third and fourth teams at all.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-10-2019, 13:49   #5995
Technophobe

Summerhill in the Minor final on Sunday too..Great win over Skyrne after being 11 points down at one stage in 1st half
23-10-2019, 18:07   #5996
Hammer Archer

So it turns out that the Senior final can't be streamed live on the Meath GAA app because the Cork senior football final and the Kilkenny senior hurling final are being shown on TG4 at the same time. Supposedly the GAA have a rule that counties can't stream their own games when there's games in any county being shown live on TV.
That's an utterly stupid rule.
(4) thanks from:
25-10-2019, 09:38   #5997
Hammer Archer

Missed this on Wednesday: Ladies goalkeeper Monica McGuirk has been nominated for Intermediate players' player of the year.
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2019, 16:36   #5998
Hammer Archer

Draw game in the Junior final, 1-8 apiece. Replay next weekend probably.
Half time in the Intermediate final and 3 first half goals (2 from Jordan Morris and 1 from Brian Farrell) have given Nobber a commanding 3-5 to 8 point lead over Trim.
Thanks from:
26-10-2019, 17:31   #5999
Hammer Archer

4-16 to 0-13 it finished. What on earth happened to Trim?? Just didn't show up by the sounds of it. Nobber only had 4 scorers but Jordan Morris got 2-5 and Brian Farrell got 1-7 while Seán Meade and Niall Farrell got 1-1 and 0-3 respectively.
Nobber now play Dunlavin of Wicklow in the Leinster Intermediate championship.
26-10-2019, 18:42   #6000
dobman88

Quote:
Draw game in the Junior final, 1-8 apiece. Replay next weekend probably.
Replay on Wednesday in Ashbourne..8pm throw in

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion