Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do with old helmet

Options
  • 17-03-2019 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I picked up a new helmet yesterday. Old helmet is a cheap one, but it hasn’t been dropped or damaged in any way and has a pinlock fitted. Two years old. I’d put it up on Adverts for free if I thought someone would get further use of it.

I suppose hygiene is a concern, but nothing that a spray of some sort of disinfectant spray wouldn’t sort.

If I shouldn’t give it away, do I just put it in the bin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

Would you not keep it as a spare or in case you ever need to carry a pillion

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dOQpoPDt

johnml wrote: »
    Would you not keep it as a spare or in case you ever need to carry a pillion
    Good question, but no. I have no interest in ever carrying a pillion. Too much responsibility. As for keeping a spare, I’m trying to reduce the clutter in my house. If some lad or lassie can get some benefit out of it now, I’ll gladly give up a possible benefit to me some day in the future and hand it over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Someone suggested before to give it to your local fire station. They might use it to practice for motorcycle accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dOQpoPDt

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Someone suggested before to give it to your local fire station. They might use it to practice for motorcycle accidents.
    Would never have thought of that in a million years. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

You could always give it to a yellow vest protestor :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

6edc4ec1eb972671c18c17cc2b4646c0--helmets-recycling.jpg

or........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I came across a charity in Africa that would use it. Maybe you'd like to deliver it.

If you don't find someone who'll put it to use .. I'm looking for helmet straps for a little project, double D or seatbelt. If you're in the Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I've given old lids or lids involved in an accident to the local at Johns ambulance or 1st on scene groups for training on the premise that they won't be used on the road due to having been in an accident etc.
    Most are grateful as they can't actually practice this stuff easily otherwise

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Stick it on the for sales and freebie thread, maybe someone needs a spare lid!

Advertisement