Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For first time drivers..

Options
  • 15-03-2019 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

The best quote I got was from Kenco insurance via phone call.

A lot of the information and quotes on other threads are pertaining to people with no claims bonus. Don't see nearly enough info to help first time drivers get good quotes.

I've rang 11 or 12 insurance companies off the recommended list, all my quotes were over 3k, some over 4k, but lowest was 2900 for third party first time no claims insurance.

Just wanted to report back that I got a quote for 1400 euro third party from Kenco insurance on a 2005 1.4 petrol, and then they changed it for fully comp for 1480 euro.

This was the only insurance company I dealt with that gave me something I could afford and feel happy with. Just for anyone out there struggling to get insurance.

34 year old male, only had my full license for 30 days. Had 2 months experience as a named driver.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Good post, my son same boat, quotes of €3500 to €4000 2006 1.4 focus, will try kenco insurance, that was a good quote,
    (well shouldn't say good, reasonable).

Advertisement