Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have to move home but cant take my dog

• 10-03-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for some help. Me and my fiance are renting a house at the minute and have a 1 year old border collie. We have been told today that we have to leave the house in 4-6 weeks as it is being sold so that means us both moving back into my parents house. We are unable to take our dog with us. We are trying to buy a house at the minute so hopefully in a few months we will have our own home and will be able to have the dog with us then but in the mean time we need someone to look after him. Has anybody any recommendations of places that could take him or know anyone who could would be interested in something like this. We are clutching at straws here looking for a solution. We are based in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CarolineBee

emmie-lou wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for some help. Me and my fiance are renting a house at the minute and have a 1 year old border collie. We have been told today that we have to leave the house in 4-6 weeks as it is being sold so that means us both moving back into my parents house. We are unable to take our dog with us. We are trying to buy a house at the minute so hopefully in a few months we will have our own home and will be able to have the dog with us then but in the mean time we need someone to look after him. Has anybody any recommendations of places that could take him or know anyone who could would be interested in something like this. We are clutching at straws here looking for a solution. We are based in Dublin.

Local rescues maybe able to suggest options for fostering in your locality. Normally used for dogs in rescue situations so might be difficult but worth a shot especially if it avoids the worst case scenario of you having to look for permanent rehoming. Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Are there other family members siblings of either of you that could take your pet for a couple of months, then ye could call and take the dog for walks and treats if they are within a couple miles of ye,

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

if You contact some rescues they may be able to recommend someone that could mind them for a few months at a lower cost because it is for such a long time. They may have fosterers too that could help out. It is a very difficult situation but it would be better to foster them and pay someone rather than rehoming them. It could really suit someone who is thinking of getting a dog and wanting to try out but I would be iffy about leaving my dogs with someone with no experience with animals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

How long are you renting?

If you intend buying in a few months you might be able to discuss staying slightly longer where you are with your landlord.

If you are willing to allow viewings by appointment to facilitate the landlord selling the property they may welcome the ongoing rental income until they have a buyer. A sale can take months so it's worth suggesting to the landlord.

Advertisement