Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 235 - Jones vs Smith, Woodley vs Usman - Sat March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great card really looking forward to this one. Quality all over the card.

Any rumours of Askren vs Khabib?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jon Jones and his picos.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1101198573864050688?s=19

2 x Adverse
    3 x Clean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Cannot wait to Zabit. The guy is an animal. Love his ninja ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

The Nal wrote: »
    Great card really looking forward to this one. Quality all over the card.

Any rumours of Askren vs Khabib?

Funky would maul Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Woodley has had his beard designed by an architect.

Says he wants to beat Colby after Usman and then go take the MW belt.

Heard Colby interviewed the other day. I hope they give him a fight where he get a his face smashed in soon. He's not cut out for the trash talk...he's terrible at it.

Zabit did not look impressed that Stephens walked off without shaking hands at meeja day staredowns.

Cody had turned a set of 1970s massage parlour curtains into a shirt. Credit to him for recycling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Colby just crashed Usmans open workout with megaphone & his belt. :pac:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1101245218924388353?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    Colby just crashed Usmans open workout with megaphone & his belt. :pac:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1101245218924388353?s=19

pure cringe :D
    Then again gastelum took cringe to a new level a few weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The goat Colby Covington Is the king troll of mma !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Askren is a master troll. Also think he helps 'show' that Woodley is a funny guy with a decent personality. As long as he doesn't bring any race issues into it, he's just a regular dude trying to make as much money as he can for his family.
    Like someone else said, he fights the perfect way for longevity. Maybe the same as Askren but haven't seen any of his full fights yet? Nobody should be expected to stand and bang for 3/5 rounds every fight, when a career can so short.

This has the potential of being card of the year going by all the name recognition and match ups. Am really excited for it. I just always want the fights to be on a Friday night/Saturday morning for convenience sake, and start 4 hours earlier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/mrmwellsart/status/1101390312520458241?s=21

Colby is a pain the hole but this was funny, Dana wasn’t happy at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

from twitter

On this episode of how to get released from the UFC... :pac:

**** sake lads Colby is growing on me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I think he's a great fighter and most of the other stuff is an act to self-promote. I don't think he's a natural at playing the heel, but it seems to be working for him and the man has to make a living. As long as he keeps backing it up inside the cage then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Growing on you? The idea was good but as soon as he was told to turn the camera off he gave in immediately like a well behaved child.

At least have some balls, follow it through and get thrown out by security or something.

It reminds me of him running to the police when Werdum hit him with the boomerang. Pussy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭JitzNdHitz

I dislike his constant attitude, even outside of selling fights he's a plonker. Talented guy just hope he gets beaten 100% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Should have done a tito and crashed presser

Ah I just enjoy the wrestling style promos the odd time that's why he's growing on me, but God help us if he somehow won the actual belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Growing on you? The idea was good but as soon as he was told to turn the camera off he gave in immediately like a well behaved child.

At least have some balls, follow it through and get thrown out by security or something.

It reminds me of him running to the police when Werdum hit him with the boomerang. Pussy.
    JitzNdHitz wrote: »
    I dislike his constant attitude, even outside of selling fights he's a plonker. Talented guy just hope he gets beaten 100% of the time.

this plus a million. the guy is a pure gob sh1te can not stand him at all. he cant turn a fight down and then b1tch about not getting to fight for the belt.

• Advertisement

JitzNdHitz wrote: »

That's the whole point of his shtick. Pay to see him lose. The longer he keeps winning and getting under peoples skin, the more invested people are in seeing him lose. Straight out of WWE. Or straight from Chael and Connor, who learnt if from WWE. It's pretty ingenious

xckjoo wrote: »
    That's the whole point of his shtick. Pay to see him lose. The longer he keeps winning and getting under peoples skin, the more invested people are in seeing him lose. Straight out of WWE. Or straight from Chael and Connor, who learnt if from WWE. It's pretty ingenious

His time is surely coming he is a talent but also very very sloppy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Nothing like Chael (or Conor). Both of them had some charisma. He's just a fúcktard who is embarrassingly slow-witted for someone trying to play the role he is.

What is everyone's predictions for:

JONES - SMITH
    WOODLEY- USMAN
    ASKREN - LAWLER
    CODY- MUNHOZ

I am seeing Jones by KO/TKO
    Woodley by KO
    Askren decision
    Munhoz by decision

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That's the whole point of his shtick. Pay to see him lose.

I get this argument as it's been made dozens of times before.

Only issue is while people would have paid to see Chael lose or Connor lose, I don't think people care enough about Colby to go beyond just checking the results the following day to see if he lost.

I think his shtick is weak and not very well executed. Would I pay to see him lose? Nope. I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

can someone stick up a poll for the outcomes?

i would but i dont know how

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I get this argument as it's been made dozens of times before.

Only issue is while people would have paid to see Chael lose or Connor lose, I don't think people care enough about Colby to go beyond just checking the results the following day to see if he lost.

I think his shtick is weak and not very well executed. Would I pay to see him lose? Nope. I don't really care.

A lot of Brazilians would though :pac:
    I'm not into that kind of crap either by the way. I tend to just watch the fights. I don't know why people get so worried about their personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Nice and stress free weigh ins. Roll on tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta laugh at the Colby video would be funny if he caused Dana White getting divorced because of it.

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    Nice and stress free weigh ins. Roll on tomorrow.

I really don't see an upset outside Pedro beating Cody possibly.

Advertisement