Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Law Firm Summer Internships 2019

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U_C_D15

I've a feeling the trainee salary is 24k. NQ I have no idea

24k is very lousy if it's positioning itself as Top 10, especially considering Top 4 Accounting pay 26k

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U_C_D15

Coulter97 wrote: »
    I think that's about half of what Pinsent Masons offers.

Pinsent are 45K and 47k in second year

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Anyone who did Maples know when they said they’d get back to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Law2019

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Wow. Baffling how they like to advertise themselves as a 'Top 10 firm' but don't pay any interns. Not going to interview with them if I get the opportunity.

True, but they’ll always get people who didn’t get any other internships to do it for the experience I suppose, don’t think they take as many interns as the rest either

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Anybody interview with Walkers for a TC and hear back?

• Advertisement

Anybody interview with Walkers for a TC and hear back?

Nada unfortunately. Fearing the worst now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Nada unfortunately. Fearing the worst now.

Did they give you a time frame?

Did they give you a time frame?

No I forgot to ask unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Hey all,

does anyone have an opinion as to whether one would be better off taking an internship/traineeship in Pinsent Masons etc or one of the existing 'Big 5' firms?

Anyone have any information on either? from careers events or university careers events?

Also. does anyone know who the new firm paying €75K fof NQs is? I saw that to be the case on the Appenture Parenters document recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lawstudent1916

Maples calling.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else heard from Maples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janelosten

Anyone know if/how much McCann pay summer interns? And does anyone have any insight on whether to go for McCann or William Fry? Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Does anyone know if Maples or A&L would be better? is Maples higher paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lawstudentirl

€450.

They're similar so there's not really a wrong choice for your career. They're both great firms. Personally I'd base it on which you got a better vibe from during the interview process, as they do have slightly different cultures.
    janelosten wrote: »
    Anyone know if/how much McCann pay summer interns? And does anyone have any insight on whether to go for McCann or William Fry? Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 student2019

Has anybody heard from RDJ or Philip Lee??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 schuhglue

Anything from Beauchamps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IBLAW

I interviewed with Corlytics Tuesday 9/04 and I have heard nothing since. Has anybody received an offer or PFO? I presume I didn't get it! The interviewers were extremely inexperienced and very rude, I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I hear nothing back! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

Does anyone know how many are usually offered a traineeship out of the summer intern intake in the Big 4?

I know it completely depends on the firm and size of the intern intake, as well as the general quality/performance of the interns that year, but for example, A&L state on their website that they hire 60 summer interns and 35 trainees per year.

Assuming that the summer interns who are offered a training contract are included in the 35 number, I imagine that about half are interns and the other half are from the milkrounds, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

UcdLaw22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many are usually offered a traineeship out of the summer intern intake in the Big 4?

I know it completely depends on the firm and size of the intern intake, as well as the general quality/performance of the interns that year, but for example, A&L state on their website that they hire 60 summer interns and 35 trainees per year.

Assuming that the summer interns who are offered a training contract are included in the 35 number, I imagine that about half are interns and the other half are from the milkrounds, roughly?
    Yes for A&L it has been roughly half. In Arthur cox I believe they offer nearly all interns a training contract

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

Anyone heard anything yet from A&L about TC offers resulting from the college placements/internships?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Does anyone know if Philip Lee pay interns?

Advertisement