Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alice In Chains, Telegraph Building, Belfast, 21st of May

• 04-02-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

I have to get a ticket for this!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Sorted! Yay!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This thread was a rollercoaster of emotions

D.Q wrote: »
    This thread was a rollercoaster of emotions

Hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What's the Telegraph building like as a venue? never been and indeed it will be my first time in Belfast.

Any good late bars nearby or any after event stuff?

What's the Telegraph building like as a venue? never been and indeed it will be my first time in Belfast.

I've only been in there once before. It's where the old printing press was for the Belfast Telegraph. They've ripped out the floor from the first floor so that it's just one big open space. I was there in December and it was absolutely freezing but really enjoyed it. It's fairly close to the city centre. Loads of bars nearby.

• Advertisement

Cheers looking forward to it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Sorry to hear that, I am from Ulster and I hate Belfast

Sorry to hear that, I am from Ulster and I hate Belfast

Belfast is a great city to go out in IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Penfailed wrote: »
    Belfast is a great city to go out in IMHO.

As a rural Catholic Ulsterman Belfast represents everything that is bad about our history, the same with those other County Antrim towns. The terrible accents in County Antrim also don't help.

As a rural Catholic Ulsterman Belfast represents everything that is bad about our history, the same with those other County Antrim towns. The terrible accents in County Antrim also don't help.

Away with your auld sh1te. Some of the best times of my life were as a student up in Belfast and have had many more great nights up there since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Where exactly is it in the city, Google maps not clear

s8n wrote: »
    Where exactly is it in the city, Google maps not clear

Same problem here, no clue

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

As previously mentioned, it's the stripped out printing press. Which either gives the venue an industrial feel or makes it look like a kip.
    High stage and good sound.
    Long bar and merch desk in room behind the 'auditorium'.
    The toilets are standard festival portaloos and urinals.

From City Hall, it's a straight walk up Royal Avenue.
    Entrance via Little Donegal Street ....

TB01_zpswo7v2euy.jpg

TB02_zpstmrxkhrd.jpg

IMG_2901_zpsi7cyace2.jpg

How soon before doors open should ya be there to get a pit pass or does it matter?

How soon before doors open should ya be there to get a pit pass or does it matter?

I don't think there's a pit.

I don't think there's a pit.

Ah I see, I'll prob be the first there anyways :D

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

You're in for a treat......magic gig tonight in the Olympia!!!!

That was class!

That was class!

Sure was, throat is sore from singing along

A mate of mine managed to get guitar picks from all three...and a drum stick!

60728812_10156005057526087_8681131427892297728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c29a843caa96faa2428f1acbfc165d8e&oe=5D51A92E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

the amount of smoking in the venue was crazy. Like a throwback to the bad old days

s8n wrote: »
    the amount of smoking in the venue was crazy. Like a throwback to the bad old days

There was a lot of vaping going on. I did get the odd whiff of cigarette smoke too though.

Advertisement