Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Truth or bitterness

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

JayZeus wrote: »
    You reckon? WGAF?

Fennelly is a moany hole without the respect for his former colleagues any man of character would have. He must be trying to stick his mickey in a nurse too, looking for favour with his waffle.

The army don’t need semi-literate amateur sportsmen who prefer to play with a stick and a ball than get on with becoming better soldiers. I’m glad he’s gone now as maybe it’ll remind a few people that a good sportsman doesn’t necessarily have the wit, decency and character I expect most soldiers should, and help other people who have a bit of intelligence to recognise him as a bit of an entitled arsehole.

'The Army' now that's a joke. He's more literate than you.

I'd agree if we were an Irish army at war. But we're nothing but token soldiers. No real war, no casualties. So use it for what he will.

And he's playing a real Irish game, hurling. Not a token cog in a multinational force. Get over yourselves.

He could stick his Mickey in better paid than a nurse if he wanted.

Character...is that supposed to be fawning over toy soldiers?

Marengo wrote: »
    'The Army' now that's a joke. He's more literate than you.

I'd agree if we were an Irish army at war. But we're nothing but token soldiers. No real war, no casualties. So use it for what he will.

And he's playing a real Irish game, hurling. Not a token cog in a multinational force. Get over yourselves.

He could stick his Mickey in better paid than a nurse if he wanted.

Character...is that supposed to be fawning over toy soldiers?

You seem to be struggling there with the whole character thing yourself.

As you said yourself, he’s playing a game. He should be quiet now, play his game and let the grown ups speak about and do important things.

You seem to be struggling there with the whole character thing yourself.

Don't worry about me Mac. I've had relatives who fought and died in '98, 1865, 1919-23, and the border campaign in the 50s. The pedigree is good as is my heart :) Fights for something significant, not driving around in a truck and it 30 years since someone was killed.

You'd find more danger on a building site. I'll give you character..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

A friend of mine had a gun pulled and pointed at his head from two foot away at a checkpoint in Lebanon. He was able to talk the guy down and everyone walked away in one piece.

Don't worry about me Mac. I've had relatives who fought and died in '98, 1865, 1919-23, and the border campaign in the 50s. The pedigree is good as is my heart :) Fights for something significant, not driving around in a truck and it 30 years since someone was killed.

Gas the way people try to ride free on the deeds and reputation of those dead and buried long before they were even conceived because they’re ‘relations’. FFS. Sad carry on altogether.

Fennelly cried off sick half way through his overseas trip. What do you think your dead relatives would have to say about a fella like that? Not much good, I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Negative_G

My son is a Guard, I'm form a military family and your comment is bs.

Does your son know the personal circumstances of over ten thousand members? If he does well then his ability is a bit above what the Gardai require.

I know of several cases in the Gardai of special or preferential treatment based solely on GAA influences so it is most certainly not BS.

But thank you for your insight all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Gas the way people try to ride free on the deeds and reputation of those dead and buried long before they were even conceived because they’re ‘relations’. FFS. Sad carry on altogether.

Fennelly cried off sick half way through his overseas trip. What do you think your dead relatives would have to say about a fella like that? Not much good, I expect.

Irish army personnel in UN..useless as tits on a bull. The man is right, ye have an overinflated opinion of yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Irish army personnel in UN..useless as tits on a bull. The man is right, ye have an overinflated opinion of yourselves.

Best you educate yourself on the positives the PDF has contributed to the UN, you're just embrassing yourself now.

Best you educate yourself on the positives the PDF has contributed to the UN, you're just embrassing yourself now.

A casualty every 30 years.. serious stuff. Not exactly Vietnam, Stalingrad etc. Seems ye do have a seriously inflated opinion of yourselves as you have a uniform!!

Story about real soldiers on RTE 1 now.

• Advertisement

Marengo wrote:
    A casualty every 30 years.. serious stuff. Not exactly Vietnam, Stalingrad etc. Seems ye do have a seriously inflated opinion of yourselves as you have a uniform!!

86 Irish soldiers have died on UN service, you seem disappointed the figure isn't greater. Do you measure success in terms of body bags?

86 Irish soldiers have died on UN service, you seem disappointed the figure isn't greater. Do you measure success in terms of body bags?

Back to the 60s to 80s though for casualties. Merely pointing out there's more danger driving in Ireland now than being on UN duty.

Marengo wrote:
    Back to the 60s to 80s though for casualties. Merely pointing out there's more danger driving in Ireland now than being on UN duty.

You might want to check again. The last soldier to die on active UN service was in 2003. Several died in the 90's including a member of my extended family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Jeffery Elegant Twerp

Marengo, here's something to look after that hard on you have for Fennelly

472851.jpg

You can look after your own wankwipes, we don't supply them.

Its funny in a military context that the only person agreeing with you and thanking your posts has the unfortunate username of 'defaulter'.

Someone want to explain what a 'defaulter' is?.

[/hint] a poor soldier. Undisciplined, mostly dim, can't perform simple tasks, poor personal hygene, lets his comrades down. The defaulter is the soldier no one wants in their section. Constantly caught for defaulters parades leaving his comrades to pick up his/her slack. Struggles with physical and mental challenges, rarely meets basic military standards, seldom makes it through training.

Seems there's birds of a feather in this thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

[Mod]OK, this thread has gotten totally out of hand.

Nothing wrong with having a contrarian viewpoint, but when it turns into a pissing match, it's time to shut it down. Names have been noted, to see if these are persistent trolls.[/Mod]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement