Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

• 23-01-2019 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭

Mod Note 3rd April: While obviously everyone wants to talk Mania, we'd ask people NOT to talk about betting odds in this thread. Often times, they go well beyond speculation and into concrete spoiler territory (as opposed to spoilers which might change on the day, etc). We have a seperate thread for people who want to discuss Wrestling odds.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587637

the-hype-for-wrestlemania-35-has-800x400.jpg

Metlife Stadium NJ Live on the WWE Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bit early for the thread launch, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bit early for the thread launch, no?

A bit. It's like putting Christmas decorations up two weeks before halloween.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Only a few days really. After the Rumble I'm sure there will be people looking beyond the next PPV and wanting to discuss Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well historically seeds are set at survivor series, Rock and Cena, Goldberg and Lesner, Taker and Kane...Charlotte and Rousey?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A bit. It's like putting Christmas decorations up two weeks before halloween.

Careful now :P :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Calling it nice and early, Heyman to turn on Brock and side with Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Calling it nice and early, Heyman to turn on Brock and side with Rollins.

i think weve all thought that pauly would turn on him against nearly every opponent at this stage.

dont think its every going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

sky88 wrote: »
    i think weve all thought that pauly would turn on him against nearly every opponent at this stage.

dont think its every going to happen

Think this is the time. Brock will be heading to the UFC after Mania I would imagine, when is his wwe contract up? Heyman is too good a character to leave off TV, him and Seth would be excellent together.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

martyos121 wrote: »

Nice to see Lesnar having a ppv off again so no EC for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nice to see Lesnar having a ppv off again so no EC for him

And no Fastlane too

Will we get Elias vs Jeff Jeratt at mania ???

ATM no plans for a taker match but that could change

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Really hope Lesner is invested in his match with Rollins it could be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

PTH2009 wrote: »

I hope so. hopefully he'll ditch the old JJ gimmick after the beatdown on Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Just announced for Raw this Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just announced for Raw this Monday!

But we will have forgotten about that come April :)

Kevin Owens
    should be back in time for Mania

really hard too call the rest of the mania card atm. so much talent but only so many can have matches. Who wants to be in that Andre the giant battle royal ???

Lots of reports online that WWE are in talks with
    Batista
    to come in for a match for Mania but AEW are also looking to grab his signature

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kevin Owens
    should be back in time for Mania

really hard too call the rest of the mania card atm. so much talent but only so many can have matches. Who wants to be in that Andre the giant battle royal ???

Thats why you need the MITB match at Mania, to fit in 6-8 top guys who don't have anything important going on at Mania, the rest of the roster can be in the battle royal

With so much top talent on the card and even a 5 hour Mania can only have so much, it makes far more sense at Mania for me

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just thinking the best booking for the women going into WM for me would be having Sasha & Bailey win the Tag Belts early in the PPV then have Charlotte beat Asuka mid card and finally have Becky beat Ronda in the main event after a Ronda's 4 Horse women interfere only for Sasha, Bailey & Charlotte run in and run them off and the show closes with the WWE 4 Horse Women all standing tall holding up their belts staring down Ronda and her Horse Women on the ramp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Am i right in saying Brock has/will have had singles matches at mania with all members of the shield ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Am i right in saying Brock has/will have had singles matches at mania with all members of the shield ?

While not all in singles competition, he's already faced all three Shield members at Mania. The Ambrose match at Mania 32. Reigns at Mania 31 and 34. And he took on Rollins and Reigns in the main event of Mania 31.

ya, if the main event remains unchanged, he will have Rollins one on one, having faced Ambrose and Reigns tooo

A mania without Cena and taker will be odd

Any signs they will added to the card ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A mania without Cena and taker will be odd

Any signs they will added to the card ?

Meltzer says Cena is likely in some form (he was original booked for a match against Lars Sullivan, before that fell through) but Taker isn't.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meltzer says Cena is likely in some form (he was original booked for a match against Lars Sullivan, before that fell through) but Taker isn't.

It's 5 weeks away so he needs to get a move on if he wants a match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's 5 weeks away so he needs to get a move on if he wants a match

Not really. It’ll probably be a throw away match anyway so it can be sorted out pretty quickly. I could see him wanting to put over one of the guys they’ve brought up from NXT. Aleister Black maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Post Fastlane they'll ramp up an extra notch with matches for Mania. Thrills and spills galore on Raw the next night imo.

Stupid having two PPVs between Rumble and Mania, I'd have none and just build from post Rumble to Mania but apparently our attention spans aren't that long any more and we have to be over-saturated with PPVs that mean nothing in larger context :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Necro wrote: »
    Post Fastlane they'll ramp up an extra notch with matches for Mania. Thrills and spills galore on Raw the next night imo.

Stupid having two PPVs between Rumble and Mania, I'd have none and just build from post Rumble to Mania but apparently our attention spans aren't that long any more and we have to be over-saturated with PPVs that mean nothing in larger context :(

I'd have one between the rumble and mania so as to advance what was started at the rumble but enough space to let the feuds build. When mania used to be in march there was no time or need for two PPVs. At least it's not like it was post second brand spit. Christ I don't know about anyone else but I stopped watching nxt for a bit because with two ppvs a month plus raw and smackdown it was too much. No need for it.

I hope the undertaker is no where near a ring ever again. And cena I could take or leave him being part of wrestlemania. I'm not a fan of him really.

Advertisement