Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas out of season 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Posh way of saying spare!!:D

The Hyacinth Bucket coming out.........

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I watched home alone the weekend before last, and yesterday my 3 year old insisted we watch the grinch so I had no complaints :D She is also obsessed with the Bing and Bowie version of the little drummer boy so we've been listening to that non stop :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    I watched home alone the weekend before last, and yesterday my 3 year old insisted we watch the grinch so I had no complaints :D She is also obsessed with the Bing and Bowie version of the little drummer boy so we've been listening to that non stop :D

She’s got good taste! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

TRS30 wrote: »
      Dining rooms and guest bedrooms...........will have to upgrade house to hang out around here :D

I have a kitchen/dining room....nothing fancy....standard celtic tiger 3 bed semi version :D:D

I also have two 'guest' rooms/spare bedrooms/junk yards......depending on how long it is since any actual visitors needed to use it!!

1. Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Workmate brought a box of mince pies into work today, still well in date. I sat there enjoying one while I thought of this little secret Christmas society that I'm a member of :)

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was in Edinburgh at the weekend and saw a house with two mini Christmas trees lit up outside the front door. Couldn't see inside to tell if inside was equally festive

4. Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have holly on top of the kitchen cupboards and behind a picture frame. A little bit withered but you know what, it's staying there!

Seven Worlds will Collide

5. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Die Hard 2 is on film4 tonight at 9pm :)

6. Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I only got around to watching the Young Offenders Christmas Special this afternoon, the one where Conor and Jock try to give Mairead the white Christmas she has always dreamed of.

7. Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I only got around to watching the Young Offenders Christmas Special this afternoon, the one where Conor and Jock try to give Mairead the white Christmas she has always dreamed of.

Never watched it however have heard a lot of people talking about it.

Assume it good?

Trying to find more things the better half and I can watch together (when we do get to sit down together).

8. Advertisement
    9. Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just bought two more decorations in the Newbridge silverwear sale :)

10. Registered Users Posts: 30,172 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Caranica wrote: »

I'm tempted now!

11. Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They were in my basket since Saturday but in the end I had to have them

12. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Caranica wrote: »

Sale online?

13. Registered Users Posts: 30,172 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

14. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a Yankee candle winter glow candle lighting which was the same scent we had lighting over Christmas. So as soon as I get the scent I’m immediately brought back to Christmas time :)

15. Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was out at the house today and was taking to my cousin who is doing the re-wiring for me. We were finalising where all the sockets etc were going. He said that we need to put one outside in case we wanna put Christmas lights out there - my kinda person!!

16. Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It's lashing snow here in Ashbourne ðŸ˜

17. Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It's lashing snow here in Ashbourne ðŸ˜

Same here in clonsilla. heavily.
      "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

18. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same here in clonsilla. heavily.

Nothing in Dublin 13 :(

Just lashing rain :(

19. Advertisement
    20. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just now.

Snowing here now as well. Gas two years in a row snow this time of the year. It won’t stick tho.

21. Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
      Snowing here now as well. Gas two years in a row snow this time of the year. It won’t stick tho.

Was trying to get a pic uploaded but can't from my phone... getting pretty white I must say. Suspect it'll be gone in an hour or so though.
      "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

22. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was trying to get a pic uploaded but can't from my phone... getting pretty white I must say. Suspect it'll be gone in an hour or so though.

As it’s been raining here all morning it won’t stick. Still pretty to look out at.

23. Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Snowing heavily in D2 but not sticking

24. Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
      As it’s been raining here all morning it won’t stick. Still pretty to look out at.

Started to stick here. But going to stop soon according to a few weather apps.

25. Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was driving home on M50 when snow started. First thing that came into my head was I wonder if Xmas FM would be on. Obviously it wasn’t, as if someone sits there waiting for the first bit of snow and start up a whole radio station :)

26. Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

They were thinking about it too. They posted this

27. Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It came up on my facebook history today that we have had snow on the 3rd of March in 2015, 2018 and now 2019.
      So 3 out of the last 5 years it has snowed on this day.

28. Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Snow!!

It was good while it lasted. :D

29. Advertisement
    30. Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Home Alone has just started on E4.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement