Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second Masters - module exemptions?

• 06-01-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’m about to start my thesis for my MSc in Data Analytics. Working in healthcare (not a clinician) and absolutely love it.....
    The break between exams and now officially starting the thesis has me thinking (while I can!) longer term of what’s post thesis. As such there’s a couple of routes I’m considering one of which is a second masters. The post grad diploma / MSc in Health Informatics in UCD in particular .

I don’t expect anyone to know details of each course or colleges rules but more generally where there is some overlap what sort of exemption would you be likely to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Nelbert wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m about to start my thesis for my MSc in Data Analytics. Working in healthcare (not a clinician) and absolutely love it.....
    The break between exams and now officially starting the thesis has me thinking (while I can!) longer term of what’s post thesis. As such there’s a couple of routes I’m considering one of which is a second masters. The post grad diploma / MSc in Health Informatics in UCD in particular .

I don’t expect anyone to know details of each course or colleges rules but more generally where there is some overlap what sort of exemption would you be likely to get?

Prob just the research module

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I'm in the same boat. Want to get second master's in a few years. Right now I'm working on thesis for my MSc. Hope I'll pass all exams and finally get my MS Degree in Business.

Advertisement